Brewer Fanatic

7/24/05 Brewers (Davis) @ Reds (Hudson) 12:15 CST

• Replies 320
  • Created
  • Last Reply
You ever see those switch-hitting guys that hit like .350 from one side and .125 from the other side? Yeah, Magruder is one of those. You would think that batting coaches would talk to these guys and tell them to just stick with their dominant side.

How many games are we going to lose because our manager thinks outside the box? That was a clear situation where either JDLR or Eveland should have been brought in. Even if it was only for one hitter!

Also...who in the Bullpen is responsible for noticing when a guy doesn't have his best stuff? Santana was clearly gassed before he even entered the game...

@BrewCrewCritic on Twitter "Racing Sausages" - "Huh?"

Never saw that coming? How's that "We should sweep them" talk looking now?

Rluz, that's another time a remark seems to be directed at me with false info. If you were not targeting me, I'm sorry. If you were, I never once said that we were going to sweep them. A quote from one of my previous posts before the series is, "I think that winning 2-3 against a team like the Reds seems like a reasonable request." I have been patient, and will remain patient. I have posted topics that were sure to draw ire from some people as to instigate discussions. I just hope that people don't continue to misquote me in their tirades against things I say.

The problem I have is that Ned would've had Phelps in the in a second.

He isn't nearly as good as JDLR. Control or not.

Hitters that strikeout alot chase pitches. Exactly the hitters that would not do well against JDLR.

I agree---a lefty-lefty matchup was called for. Not like the #27 on the scoreboard under HRs hit by Dunn shouldn't have triggered such a thought.

Also, on Magruder....Can't the Maple Leaf gang find a AAAA lefthanded hitting player for the roster? At least someone who hits above the Mendoza line with little power and plays the OF should be available from the scrapheap. Hitting Miller would have made sense, since a catcher was needed for the lineup anyway with the double substitution. But how many times do we need to see Magruder in these situations?

Rluz, that's another time a remark seems to be directed at me with false info.

That was not directed specifically at you, but at ANYONE who was acting like a sweep shoudl be the goal. As for my other comment where I missed your sarcasm, I appologize.

Archived