Brewer Fanatic

7/25/05 D-Backs (Gosling) @ Brewers (Sheets) 7:05 CST

rluzinski

Gosling's bio says he was born in Madison.

Not that that'll make me root for him.

This from today's Cap Times!

Look for Mike Gosling to compete for a spot in the starting pitching rotation of the Arizona Diamondbacks, especially now that Randy Johnson has been shipped to the New York Yankees. Why is that of note here? Because Gosling got his baseball start in Madison, playing west side Little League for two years before his parents, Jim and Connie Gosling, moved to Utah. Gosling pitched in the majors for the Diamondbacks last year and is on their projected roster for the coming season. Longtime Little League observers here think he may be the first alumnus to make a major league roster. ...

• Replies 313
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Taking the wife and daughter to the game tonight. Looks like rain , so roof is probably closed and will be uncomfortably hot. Can anyone suggest the best place to sit as far as ventilation? I'm thinking of splurging on club seats , just so if it gets to uncomfortable my wife and daughter can go sit in the air-cond. concourse. My wife isn't to keen on spending 200 on a game , though.

My guess is that left field may get a breeze with the panels open, but if you're going to sit out there, you might as well get there early and sit in Friday's with the A/C. We used to have season tix just on the right field side of the net behind home plate. If it was hot, and the roof was shut, that's not where you wanted to be. Except the roof used to leak right over us, so that could be refreshing.http://forum.brewerfan.net/images/smilies/wink.gif

My suggestion to you is get lots of ice cream. Your daughter will love you for it.

hmm...it's raining right now and I was thinking of going to the game. since I don't go to games in the summer when the roof is closed (i am VERY fortunate to have great weather when I go to games), how hot does it get in the stadium when it's hot out and the roof is closed??? is it uncomfortable??

I'm not sure how hot it gets, I was just warned by co-workers that it can get uncomfortable. Thanks for the suggestions, even if it is hot it won't stop us from going. We'll try to get bleachers, but if sold out, we'll spend the money on club seats. Go crew!

I went last summer on a muggy night with the roof closed and it wasn't too comfortable, but still not as bad as the Sunday game against the Nationals I went to last week when the sun was scorching and our section (114) was packed.

The good part is it's during the week so there should not be a problem with being crammed into your seat and feeling the body heat of everyone around you.

I'll be watching the game on the 42 inch plasma from the comforts of my living room with the central a/c blasting and cold Miller products close at hand. I will be at the Weds day game. I have an off topic FSN question. I have noticed that they have been replaying games in the afternoons during the week. If they are doing this why are they not televising the weekday games LIVE ???? Anyone have a clue ?

Quote:
playing west side Little League for two years

I used to play there, checked and saw he was born in 80 and since he is 3 years and some months older than me, I have concluded that I did not see him play at all.

Quote:
Longtime Little League observers here think he may be the first alumnus to make a major league roster

That doesn't really surprise me too much...

This is from today's Arizona Republic:

Webb's illness forces starter shuffle

Nick Piecoro

The Arizona Republic

Jul. 25, 2005 12:00 AM

Right-hander Brandon Webb was scratched from his scheduled start tonight in Milwaukee because of illness and left-hander Michael Gosling, who was scheduled to start Tuesday, will take the ball in his place.

A new starter for Tuesday was not announced, but it could be Webb, who did not travel to Milwaukee with the team Sunday.

"We'll see how Webby is the next day, and if we have to make more adjustments, we will," Diamondbacks manager Bob Melvin said. advertisement

Presumably, if Webb is feeling better, he could catch a flight to Milwaukee today.

Catcher Chris Snyder and infielder Alex Cintron each battled illness earlier this week, and Melvin said Webb's wife also had been sick.

Gosling, who started last Monday against Florida, said he's fully rested and ready to go. He was, however, looking forward to starting Tuesday against Milwaukee's Chris Capuano, a former Diamondbacks pitcher who was a groomsman in Gosling's wedding July 12 in San Diego.

Arizona Diamondbacks

Lineup

Name AVG HR RBI

Craig Counsell 2B Season .267 7 33

Royce Clayton SS Season .269 2 31

Luis Gonzalez LF Season .281 12 53

Troy Glaus 3B Season .254 20 61

Shawn Green RF Season .290 15 53

Chad Tracy 1B Season .294 13 40

Jose Cruz Jr. CF Season .213 12 28

Koyie Hill C Season .196 0 3

Mike Gosling P Season .000 0 0