Brewer Fanatic

7/28/05 Giants (Hennessey) @ Crew (Santos) 7:05 CST

ja002h
  • Replies 280
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I wonder if we will get a Nedly statement like yesterday: the loss was not too hard to stomach because the other pitcher was so good.

I love those one liners he comes up with.

So far we are up to the same junk as last night. Striking out a lot. Making a bum pitcher look like Roger Clemens.

Its early. The Crew will get to this guy the 2nd time thru the lineup. If they don't, I'll eat my words.

Nice quick inning for Santos. He needed that. Come ON guys. Ohka pitched great last night and STILL took the loss. Santos so far is pitching fine but you can't win without a run. When your #4 and #5 pitchers come through with good days, you NEED to take advantage of it!

I wonder if we would snag a couple of extra games each year if our pitchers batted above .100. Vic is .031. I think Sheets is less???

Imagine if you had shortstop that was a .300 batter as opposed to a .200 batter. The same applies to the 9 batter I guess.

Why cant our pitchers at least hit .100.

There we go. I will personally be motivated to learn how to parse play by play data, so I can find out EXACTLY how many runners at second have made an out on the basepaths for the Crew. It has to be insane comapred to other teams.

Archived