Brewer Fanatic

7/29/05 Giants (Rueter) @ Crew (Davis) 7:05 CST

7rebmun

i am wavering on my sticking up for yost.I have been critical in the past but tried to support him.

i have a feeling the Crew will have a new leader in the clubhouse and the only hold overs might be Dauer Castro and Maddox

• Replies 214
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Reply &nbsp &nbsp &nbsp &nbsp New Post Re: 7/29/05 Giants (Rueter) @ Crew (Davis) 7:05 CST This game comes down to the simple fact that Brady Clark dropped a fairly routine fly ball to CF. There is no excuse for that. It wasnt an extraordinarily difficult play. He dropped it and blew the game.

Stopped watching the game when the Crew was up 5-2 because I had other things to do. Figured Davis just chalked up another W for me in my fantasy league...until I watched the highlights on the morning news. Have no idea how Brady Clark dropped that ball. I agree Scoop, that was ROUTINE.

Then I decide to check the box score and come to find out it was ruled a DOUBLE! Are they serious!?! When the ball hits the middle of your glove, it BETTER be called an error if it is dropped. That was one of if not the worst defensive miscue all season.

Non-clutch defense! http://forum.brewerfan.net/images/smilies/laugh.gif It's the new phenomenon. I mean, come on everybody's doin' it! If dropping routine fly balls is cool, consider Brady Clark Miles Davis.

Came up short? The ball hit the inside of his glove! He didn't dive to do it either. It's just like in football, if the ball his your hands, make the catch. But in this instance, the OF has a huge leather glove on his hand that is 10 times the size of the ball to catch it. The play should have been made, plain and simple, and an error should have been charged.

The ball hit the inside of his glove!

Brady should have had it but look at it again. It caught too much of the thumb of the glove. That ball seemed to be slicing more than normal for where it was hit(only slightly left of straight away). I think too many people watch web gems and think other teams players are doing those things all the time. Not a routine play but catchable more times than not.

There's a link to it here:

sanfrancisco.giants.mlb.com/NASApp/mlb/news/gameday_recap.jsp?ymd=20050729&content_id=1149993&vkey=recap&fext=.jsp&c_id=sf

Quote:
I don't think it is giving up on the season....it actually will make the season more exciting IMO.

imo i would prefer to stick with Lyle for the rest of the year.. Don't get me wrong., I want to see the Prince also, but I don't think now is the time. its tough to be a rookie just ask JJ and Rickie. I'd rather save The Prince till next year and let him have a shot at ROTY ( ROOKIE OF THE YEAR ) The team needs chohesiveness right now.

Archived