Brewer Fanatic

7/29/05 Giants (Rueter) @ Crew (Davis) 7:05 CST

7rebmun

First of all not ned's fault that brady didnt catch that ball. If you were watching the game Wise looked absolutely excellent with his change, and he had Feliz totally guessing on that change, and he gave him the fastball to try and put him away and it was gone. Santana did a great job getting Matheny to K, and then got Durham out on a fairly well hit ball but the play wasnt made.

And Hoss your statement about Brady is completely unnecessary. He looked back to see where he was not to make sure he doesn't get hurt, its a pretty common occurance that outfielders look back to see where they are. Most major leaguers can take their eye off the ball and then come back and catch the ball.

• Replies 214
  • Created
  • Last Reply

hmmm. another game where we outhit the opposition and LOSE. I am beyond words.

It's the 8th. We haven't lost the game nor has the hit colum been decided as of now.

honestly, there are some weird people here.... let me rephrase

it is the 8th inning we are losing and we have outhit the opposition.... as usual

if that continues through the nineth then we LOST and outhit the opposition

jeez

No. You said LOSE. "Another game where we outhit the opposition and lose." The statement did not start with an IF. It was declarative.

Man, NORMAL PEOPLE can really irk us weirdos.

Sutton said the worst part of that inning is that Davis won't get his 10th win. No Darron, the worst part is the fact that we are on are way to losing 3 in a row at home. I don't give a crap about davis' win loss record, only the brewers' win loss record. I like darron sutton, but how fricken stupid is it to say that?

Quote:
No way. It hit halfway up his glove, but on the edge. Brady looked like he lost his footing when he hit that extra-wide warning track. All that being said, he should have had it.

It hit the edge of the webing of his glove because he slowed down to check the wall and then short armed it. You have to know the situation, if you don't catch the ball you 6 outs away from losing. Catch the ball worry about the wall later.

You said LOSE

I am a psychic. Sometimes I forget the average mortals cannot understand when I predict a Brewer loss when they are behind in the 8th.

But I am not perfect. One time, about 20 years ago, the Brewers responded with some heart and snatched victory from the jaws of defeat... unlike this current mob who prefer the more humane (from the other teams and fans point of view) snatching defeat from the jaws of victory.

Wow, the Latroy Hawkins (of 20 previous teams and 100 previous meldowns) sure looks good tonight.

My team makes me sick.

Quote:
Preferably not the strikeout outcome. Seen too many of that one lately.

That's where my money is!

They did a nice job backing that play up and keeping JJ at first. Now a single doesn't tie the game.

Oh, no... where do I start.... we cannot bring in Eveland for a lefty lefty matchup with the game on the line, but we can burn Branyan to get Helms in.... for a lefty-righty matchup.

Ned has gone mad!

LOL...

I was just wondering if anyone noticed this...

Wynegar was talking to Weeks in the dugout, and Weeks struck out his next at bat on 3 pitches. Then Wynegar talked to Lee, and Lee struck out his next 2 at-bats. He also tried to talk to Jenks, but Jenks kept walking and didn't listen, and he tripled his next at bat.

Just funny stuff....

Archived