Brewer Fanatic

7/29/05 Giants (Rueter) @ Crew (Davis) 7:05 CST

7rebmun
  • Replies 214
  • Created
  • Last Reply

JJ Hardy really can't be ripped on for his glove, because he does not have one. a fielding pct. of .977 would prove that fact.

That is in the top third of all MLB SS's. He is very solid. I don't know how anyone could complain about JJ's D. Do you know how poorly many of the Gold Glove SS's performed defensively as rookies and early in their careers?!?

The rest I don't have much beef with. Possibly with Overbay's first base defense though. I understand he has 7 errors but he does a darn good job snagging throws out of the dirt and short hops.

As funny as that sounds, Dusty's brother has now moved into the neighborhood, as has taken up the "crush Jamie's psyche" philosophy.

On another note, looks like I'm not ging to the game anymore. My friend that was supposed to go with me can no longer make it, and I can't seem to get anyone else to go. Wife is sick, friends that actually answer the phone can't go. Kind of a bummer. I really wanted to go.

Anyone on the East Side feel like going if I drive?

-I used to have a neat-o signature, but it got erased.

Geoff Jenkins has 5 errors in right field. Jamey Wright has a better chance of throwing a no hitter than Jenks does of catching three consecutive pop flys

You can't be serious.

Consider the great catches he has made (including that one that was either against the Cubs or Yankees I think. Two outs and he put it away to win the game) and so many OF assists. Of the last 3 Crew games I've been to, he threw a strike to home plate on a Sac Fly vs. the Nationals to keep our 1 run deficit in the extra inning balk game, and he through a bullet to 3rd on a Sac Fly against the D-Backs to cut their inning short and propel a 6 run 7th. His glove has saved us A LOT more than those 5 errors have cost us. Can't catch 3 consecutive pop flys? Who have you been watching? I'm talking about the guy who went over 162 games over two seasons WITHOUT an error.

Looks like Branyan isn't in the lineup. I know were are facing a lefty, but the guy kills soft tossers. Actually he may be the only power hitter that can't hit a fast ball. I wonder if Yost knows this? I wonder if Branyan knows this? What is Miller doing back in the bottom of the hitting order, I thought he had solidified himself in the 2 spot?

"grab a brew, don't cost nuthin"

San Francisco Giants Lineup

Omar Vizquel SS

Edgardo Alfonzo 3B

Lance Niekro 1B

Moises Alou RF

Pedro Feliz LF

Deivi Cruz 2B

Marquis Grissom CF

Mike Matheny C

Kirk Rueter P

Milwaukee Brewers Lineup

Brady Clark CF

Rickie Weeks 2B

Lyle Overbay 1B

Carlos Lee LF

Geoff Jenkins RF

Damian Miller C

Bill Hall 3B

J.J. Hardy SS

Doug Davis P

That’s the only thing Chicago’s good for: to tell people where Wisconsin is.

[align=right]-- Sigmund Snopek[/align]

OK- here's my new IGT signature line: I guess I just figured people knew about the "Jamie's rant on players" thing.

yeah, see... it's a reverse jinx kinda thang... I'm being sarcastic purely to ensure that named players have a good game.

I absolutely guarantee a Brewer win tonight. I feel so confident in my reverse jinx power, that if we lose tonight, I will voluntarily suspend myself from posting for all of Saturday.

Now for a flashback signature line--

*-- I have super powers --*

Looks like the Bill Hall slide continues tonight...pls Bill prove me that you are not reverting back to the guy with the 3' hole in your swing. Let's hope Carlos found his bat, maybe some fielding skills as well.

"grab a brew, don't cost nuthin"

I'll admit it. I've had better reverse jinx posts. I'm sometimes funnier, but the sad thing is some players are actually so bad at fielding that no matter how sarcastic I try to be, it becomes a valid argument.

How about this?

Geoff Jenkins could not catch a -dead- fly with a vacuum cleaner.

Our offense could not catch fire if you doused them in gasoline and lit a match.

If runners left stranded were nickles, we could pay Lee's salary.

Carlos Lee could not buy a hit if he were in a crack house and had a $20 bill. (I used that before, sorry)

Or how about this?

Bill Hall has three bad things with his swing: strike 1. strike 2. strike 3.

From last night's IGT:

passed ball

error

error

passed ball

intentional walk

3-Run HR by the pitcher

Well Done H0FFY, let's call it "Ode to sucking crap"

Ode to Sucking Crap: by brewerjamie15 (my view on it)

Brewers, Brewers, in the night.

Play so poor it gives a fright.

They use no swiftness, they have no plight.

They can not score,

They can not field.

our enthusiasm has begun to yield.

Ned says "Battle, use some grit"

I just say they look like .....

Archived