Brewer Fanatic

07/30/05 - Giants (Schmidt) at Brewers (Sheets) 6:05 CDT

batman

It's a matchup of two aces tonight as the Giants hand the ball to Jason Schmidt and the Brewers counter with Ben Sheets.

[b]<span style="text-decoration:underline">Pitcher R/L Age W-L ERA RA+ OPS VORP</span>[/b] Ben Sheets RHP 27 6-7 3.45 110 702 19.8 <span style="text-decoration:underline">Jason Schmidt RHP 32 7-5 4.53 95 751 8.8</span> 

The Crew really needs a win after two disappointing losses on Thursday and Friday. It is keychain night at Miller Park and the weather looks great... head on out with the family and hopefully enjoy a nice pitching matchup and a Brewers win!

~Bill

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Schmidt has been pitching well as of late, but so has Ben. I am always happy with the speed at which Ben works and his ability to NOT WALK players. Since Schmidt is a a quality pitcher in my mind, I would expect the Brewers to beat him. Now if it was someone with control problems or a no name pitcher we would probably get shut out. I just hope they wake up and can salvage a split of this series. There will be a lot of fans at tonights game so it is very important that the Brewers try to look like a major league team at least.

"grab a brew, don't cost nuthin"

[b]<span style="text-decoration:underline"> Name AVG HR RBI SB</span>[/b] 1. O Vizquel, SS .294 2 34 18 2. M Tucker, RF .263 5 31 4 3. J Snow, 1B .272 2 22 1 4. M Alou, LF .331 13 43 3 5. R Durham, 2B .300 7 37 2 6. P Feliz, 3B .272 17 62 0 7. M Matheny, C .253 9 42 0 8. J Ellison, CF .279 4 23 12 <span style="text-decoration:underline">9. J Schmidt, P .118 1 2 0</span> [b]<span style="text-decoration:underline"> Name AVG HR RBI SB</span>[/b] 1. B Clark, CF .319 9 38 8 2. R Weeks, 2B .250 7 20 7 3. L Overbay, 1B .287 16 52 0 4. C Lee, LF .265 25 85 11 5. G Jenkins, RF .280 13 46 0 6. B Hall, SS .272 13 44 12 7. R Branyan, 3B .275 9 24 1 8. C Moeller, C .221 4 13 0 <span style="text-decoration:underline">9. B Sheets, P .000 0 0 0</span> 

(EDIT: Prettied up the lineups - Bill)

Quote:
For the rest of the season I am going to force myself to take the games for entertainment value only. It will save me the heart ache.

I've been working my way towards that. For instance, last night. I was having a nice pleasant time until the 8th inning. Then the rest of my night was ruined. It's an emotional rollercoaster that is hard to handle at times.

As a fan, I have to say, I hate going to a game and start losing before my seat is warm. My parents went to the game today...I wonder if they even made it their seat while this thing was still close... http://forum.brewerfan.net/images/smilies/eyes.gif

Brady is getting Podsednikitis lately. I don't want my leadoff guy swing for the fences, coincidingly his OBP appears to be dropping. He Brady just do what got you the leadoff spot in the first place. It the other guys' job to hit the ball over the fence. You are supposed to work the pitch count!

"grab a brew, don't cost nuthin"

Archived