Brewer Fanatic

07/31/05 - Giants (Lowry) at Brewers (Capuano) 1:05 CDT

bjamesw22
  • Replies 215
  • Created
  • Last Reply
~30% of all starters end up on the DL every year, to say its simply because of pitch counts is being a bit too simplistic. I will say this, I do not like pitchers who aren't used to going over 100 pitches to pitch 120+. They simply have not built up the arm strength to do it. I could see the case where Prior's injuries are due to pitch counts since they worked him like a horse when he was so young and not used to it.

Why Magruder you ask? Well, it actually makes a lot of sense IMO. Here's why:

The score is 5-1 with the Brewers ahead, so its not what I would consider to be an "important at bat". In the (unlikely) event that this game ends up going extra innings, now you have Branyan for a much more critical at bat. Durrington could have been used in that situation and I would have applauded that, too.

Edit: Mikevan beat me to it.

Well....the Mets are clinging to a lead over Houston....

There is a chance we will be back to 5.5 back in the race tonight!

Brady should have made that catch. Its the difference between .500 and 2 games under.

Great end to this series and this homestand. 4-3 at home this week.

Disapointing series overall, but just think--brewers were one Brady Clark catch away from winning the series and being .500.

A split is not bad in a 4 game series. That leaves them with a 4-3 homestand. If they keep on winning 4 out of every 7 games the rest of the year (56 games to go), they'll end the season 6 games over .500.

How strange is it that if the Brewers were in the NL West they'd be in first place with a very legitimate chance of making the playoffs.

It's funny how we debate if the Brewers will be a .500 team, yet if by chance they were in a different division, we'd be realistically talking about playoff matchups. It's not fair!

One thing that certainly isnt fair is the fact that the NL central is the only division in MLB with SIX teams. How can their be a division with 4 teams and one with six? In the friggen AL west you have to only beat out THREE teams to make the postseason. In the Central, FIVE. That is hugely unfair. Bud needs to address that.

5.5 out of the WC. We NEED a big friggen winning streak.

Quote:
Now... how well will the Crew do against the Mets and Phillies?

Well, knowing you clancy, you'll be predicting two sweeps of the Mets and Phillies before the night is over.

If we go 3-3 I'll be tickled.

One thing that certainly isnt fair is the fact that the NL central is the only division in MLB with SIX teams. How can their be a division with 4 teams and one with six? In the friggen AL west you have to only beat out THREE teams to make the postseason. In the Central, FIVE. That is hugely unfair. Bud needs to address that.

Very good comment, and this is something that baffles me as well.

Archived