Brewer Fanatic

8/8/05 - Cardinals (Morris) @ Brewers (Vampire) - 7:05 CST

gbpacker40
Teams in front of us do not matter. Number of games do. Last week 6 teams were ahead of us and everyone said that was too many teams. Now it is only 5 teams and that is too many teams. Just keep winning series. We are only 2.5 games behind being in 2nd place in the wild card standings. Doesn't seem like too big of a stretch to say we are in decent shape.

• Replies 684
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Lineups (According to MLB Gameday)

MILWAUKEE

Brady Clark

Rickie Weeks

Lyle Overbay

Carlos Lee

Geoff Jenkins

Damian Miller

Wes Helms

J.J. Hardy

Victor Santos

ST. LOUIS

David Eckstein

John Rodriguez

Albert Pujols

Jim Edmonds

Mark Grudzielanek

Abraham Nunez

So Taguchi

Mike Mahoney

Matt Morris

---------------------------------------------------------------------

If I see Chris Magruder and/or Trent Durrington Pinch hit before Hall or Branyan I will flip out

well, i hope the game is exciting and that the good guys pull one out tonight with victor on the bump. unfortunately i won't be able to listen in as i will be spreading brewer influence over wrigleyville this evening as i cheer the reds on over the cubs. any team that causes the cubs to drop further in the standings and helps the crew is a team that i'll cheer for. go crew!!!

Forgive me and do not heap rage on me, but the lineups of the two teams tonight does not make one David and one Goliath. Aside from Pujhols and Edmonds in the three-four spots the Cards are not awe-inspiring.

The one espn channel here is Oz is showing some stupid NFL preseason game, Bears and Miami, I think. How boring. So I think my sick day will be over and I will go to work.

C'mon Crew... one game over .500 has a nice ring to it.

He's not a winner.

Of course, I forgot all about that! That explains it. Maybe Scott Brosius can come out of retirement.

Jeff Brantley, you make my heart vomit.

EDIT: If you have DirecTV or Dish, you can watch the game on ESPN. At least I can in Northcentral WI.

Quote:
Is that including Helm's pinch-hitting stats? Because they really shouldn't contribute.

Sorry I haven't responded to your question. No his stats don't contribute. On ESPN.com they have splits to how players hit when they play third, etc.

On a more important topic, WHY AREN'T THE BREWERS ON ESPN?

Archived