Brewer Fanatic

8/8/05 - Cardinals (Morris) @ Brewers (Vampire) - 7:05 CST

gbpacker40
  • Replies 684
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I've always thought that you go for the jugular at home. Get the fans going. You take the Cards and tell them who's boss.

You don't hit Chris Magruder with the bases loaded and one out. That sure isn't telling St Louis you want to kick their heine.

"Yeah, StLouis, here's Chris Magruder. Now what are you gonna do?"

Brewer Fanatic Contributor
Brantley just said, "That's just stupid pitching" referring to Jorge's use of a changeup to Grudzy.
"Dustin Pedroia doesn't have the strength or bat speed to hit major-league pitching consistently, and he has no power......He probably has a future as a backup infielder if he can stop rolling over to third base and shortstop." Keith Law, 2006

Quote:
but don't you agree that he would have given us a much better chance at a big inning, or at least 1 run?

No, I don't necessarily think so. As I have clearly already stated, I think the risk of a Branyan K there was the bigger risk. I think sending MacGruder up there gave them the better chance to get at least 1 run in, and give Brady a chance with 2 out, where they would need a hit anyway. My opinion obviously, but I just think there was a far greater possibility of MacGruder putting it in play. If Russ K's for the second out, Brady needs to get a hit anyway.

But, since it is now 8-4 as I type this, this is a completely moot point. This one is a result of poor pitching, not poor PH decisions.

Since you don't like Ned Yost, it is a completely safe assumption that Russ would have delivered no less than a single in the 4th.

I have never said I dont like Ned. And I have often said he is good for the team and currently the right man for the job. I agree with his option being picked up. I already wrote that before.

What I dont like are some of the odd in game decisions Ned makes. And I say it. You, on the other hand, seem to agree with EVERYTHING Ned does, blindly, without question. That is your choice.

But do not put words in my mouth. You often say 'hoffy, you said this or mean this or assume that'. Get off your high horse and listen and use your brain.

We dont agree. Fine. But the logic you put forth to back up Ned just do not make sense. Hence, they are very unsatisfying to listen to. But maybe like Ned, you can learn and grow, too.

Quote:
You don't hit Chris Magruder with the bases loaded and one out. That sure isn't telling St Louis you want to kick their heine

that's exactly how i feel. to me, it's managing defensively, like we're lucky to be on the same field as st. louis. to me, with that move yost may has well have said "hey, i'm just happy we're close. maybe, just maybe we'll be close enough at the end that a homerun could tie it." try and get a lead and play from ahead, not hope to tie it late!!

Quote:
Eckstein, John Rodriguez, Mahoney, Taguchi, Nunez, come on...

You're kidding right? It has been a very bad pitching night to be sure, but take a look at the stats on those guys. Not exactly a AAA roster.

Archived