Brewer Fanatic

8/8/05 - Cardinals (Morris) @ Brewers (Vampire) - 7:05 CST

gbpacker40
  • Replies 684
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Quote:
Probably better hitters.

Good non-answer. Such as? You are going to need at least one more PH in this game. So I guess in your odd littkle baseball world you'd rather see MacGruder and Durro in the 7th-9th instead of Branyan and Hall.

Once again, because it didn't work out, it was a bad move by Yost. Gimmie a break.

Quote:
Did I hear right earlier when Brantley said Santos' record since the All-Star break last year is 5-20(something)? Is that right?

That sounds about right...but to me...a more puzzling stat was Sheets' record after last year's break, up to this year's break... 8-15

Brewer Fanatic Contributor
Quote:
Another no name pitching against the Brewers Tuesday night--- Bet the farm on the Cardinals to shutout the Brewers. Cy Young pitching again for the other team.

*sigh* and I suppose the Brewers will win 3 of their next 16 too.

"Dustin Pedroia doesn't have the strength or bat speed to hit major-league pitching consistently, and he has no power......He probably has a future as a backup infielder if he can stop rolling over to third base and shortstop." Keith Law, 2006

Actually, naivin, I would rather have seen Eveland stay in the game. He is dealing. IMO, there isn't much of a difference between him and Durrington when it comes to hitting. http://forum.brewerfan.net/images/smilies/wink.gif

I would rather see Durrington saved for late game baserunning situations where he probably would get caught stealing.

naivin, remember when I joked about Ned's relatives posting here. I was joking, but you are really making think my joke may be true.

In all, all honestly, if the game was on the line... forget about inning or double switches or any other dang nonsense you can can come up....

If you bases loaded with one out and a rightie pitching against you... who do you choose. Who is YOUR best choice to score a run?

We have Hall and Branyan on the bench. Get the lead first. Then pinch hit the players that fill out the end of your bench.

Chances are that we'd have the lead if Branyan hit earlier.

Prediction: Branyan will pinch hit. LaRussa will bring King in. Ned will yank Branyan for Hall. He'll burn Branyan without even giving him an at bat.

Archived