Brewer Fanatic

8/8/05 - Cardinals (Morris) @ Brewers (Vampire) - 7:05 CST

gbpacker40
  • Replies 684
  • Created
  • Last Reply

He hit Magruder because the game isn't on the line in the 4th inning.

I would have hoped Ned does the best he can to score those runs. He did not do the best he could. I dont know what his reason is. Maybe the pitcher's spot will be up later in the game, and our pitcher is struggling, and the opposing pitcher is a rightie, and there will be 4 guys on base instead of three.

It was obvious you go with you best effort to score the runs. I do not know why Ned did not go with the best effort.

Can someone explain to Ned that it is very easy to find Magruder's splits and to see he doesn't even reach .200 from the left side? Durrington is a better option than Magruder from the left side.

It was the 4th inning. I'm not saying it wasn't an important at bat, but a lot of balls in play would have scored a run there. There are 2 reasons you bat Magruder there:

1. Save Hall and Branyan for later in the game. We all know the Brewers have played a ton of close games where those guys may be needed as defensive replacements and pinch hitters.

2. A strikeout in that situation is a killer. Hall and Branyan are far more likely than Magruder to K. If the ball is put in play, there is a good chance it scores a run. It didn't work out this time, but it was the proper move.

Quote:
I would have hoped Ned does the best he can to score those runs. He did not do the best he could. I dont know what his reason is. Maybe the pitcher's spot will be up later in the game, and our pitcher is struggling, and the opposing pitcher is a rightie, and there will be 4 guys on base instead of three.

It was obvious you go with you best effort to score the runs. I do not know why Ned did not go with the best effort.

I completley agree...we needed those runs, and Magruder wasn't the best option in getting those runs.

Do your BEST to get the runs now, and worry about future situations when they come.

Quote:
think everyone would be better off if they didn't worry about the Wild Card. I don't think it will be an issue by 5:00 Wednesday.

3 games vs. the Cards aren't going to make or break our season. Anyway this game isnt over yet.

For teh love of God people. MacGruder's job (which he failed at) was to get a run in, even with an out and get Brady to teh plate with a chance to score another run or two. If Branyan K's there, Brady comes up with 2 outs and no runs in, and you need a hit to get a run or two anyway. MacGruder was teh correct call. He just didn't get it done. Once again, teh Yost bashers work under the assumed ceryainty that Branyan would have delivered.

For the record, I actually am relatively OK with Yost, I don't like having Rooter here at all. There's got to be a better option. He doesn't seem to do anything really well. maybe he is good at fantasy football, or something, but he's not a very good baseball player

For teh love of God people. MacGruder's job (which he failed at) was to get a run in, even with an out and get Brady to teh plate with a chance to score another run or two. If Branyan K's there, Brady comes up with 2 outs and no runs in, and you need a hit to get a run or two anyway. MacGruder was teh correct call. He just didn't get it done. Once again, teh Yost bashers work under the assumed ceryainty that Branyan would have delivered.

Bull. Everyone here was angry the second Magruder stepped into the on deck circle. We all knew it was the wrong choice before he even took a swing. The sad thing is, our manager was the only one who had no clue.

I think Branyan has a higher chance of success than Magruder. He should be in the lineup every day and not even be an option to pinch hit. Read early in the game thread, I came to Branyan's defense - he's my favorite Brewer. I just don't think an AB in the 4th is that important. Morris has been terrible and there will be plenty more chances.

Archived