Brewer Fanatic

8/9/05 - Cardinals (Reyes) @ Brewers (Davis) - 7:05 CST

ThePurpleStorm
  • Replies 344
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Quote:
Neither Sutton or Reyes' own teammates refer to him by his own name. Hes just "the Youngster". jeez.

Because he's probably never talked to him. He flew in for the game...and he's probably baout to hop back on a flight back to AAA already.

Admittedly, the Brewers have again frustrated us with their inconsistent offense, untimely pitching and the propensity to allow team's "other guys" beat us.

With that said, we can still win one in the series (hopefully), which honestly should have been the expected result. Then we should, yes should, win 2 of 3 vs. Cincy to get back to .500 heading out to Colorado, three very winnable games. Not a horrible spot to be in.

After that, we all know that the potential playoff run could begin or end in Houston.

So, put these last 2 games behind us and hope Ben can pitch the shutout, because who knows which Brewers bats show up.

Especially after he just 2 hit the Brewers through 6 1/3 innings in his major league debut.

That's really nothing special. Rookie pitchers always mow down the Brewers in their major league debuts.

Labeling this loss anything harsher than 'disappointing' is going overboard, methinks, and even that may be. The Redbirds are one of the top 3 in the biz, easily, I don't care who they threw. There's no shame in losing to them. Pain, yes. Shame, no.

And you can talk to me all you want about how improved the Brewers are and how expectations may be raised, but they're still a Russell Branyan home run from the Cardinals' caliber.

Also, please don't pelt me with the 'accepting a losing culture' posts. I'm not. But I'm also realistic, and the Brewers aren't good enough to win many series against the Cardinals. All I'm saying is a loss to them isn't necessarily 'gross' or 'depressing'.

I agree, it's not gross, it's sad that we can't beat these guys but we're not that far off. I can't wait till we play the Reds, the Cardinals are going to beat up on everyone they play. It's a shame that we share a division with them (and 4 other teams), why can't we be like the A's, they have to beat 3 other teams in their division (and even we're doing that)

Yuck, that game stunk. Crew were in it for the majority of the game, but the let a Rookie pitcher only surrender what.. 2 hits? Come on!

Trent Durringtons none-tag in what the 7th was just embarrising, thats something that little league players even know.

When are people going to realize that the "Cardinals" who beat up on everyone are NOT the same team that throws

Hector Luna

David Eckstein

John Rodriuez

Mike Mahoney

So Taguchi

Scott Seabol

Abraham Nunez

Mark Grudzielanek

out into the everyday lineup. Simply sticking Albert Pujols in the middle of that lineup does not make them all mashers. The past two days that is exactly what the have done though. Not to mention our in ability to hit the ball on a consistent basis.

Or the fact that Chad Moeller is the worst defensive catcher in baseball.

Archived