Brewer Fanatic

8/9/05 - Cardinals (Reyes) @ Brewers (Davis) - 7:05 CST

ThePurpleStorm
  • Replies 344
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I hate playing the Cardinals. They always seem to be a step better than us. Better pitching, better hitting, better defense, they get more calls from the umps...it's so frustrating to watch.

And then on top of it all, they have their "B" team out there! Man, I'm just hoping to win one in this series and take our chances against the rest of the NL.

Well, I can only hope we survive these three games and actually learn how to play baseball by watching. But one thing I do not like. The umpires think (know) the Cards are better than us, hence all borderline calls go to them. It is like in the Olympics. In a judging contest, the judges dont want to rock the boat, hence all benefit of the doubt goes to the reigning champ.

I think that is one reason St Louis falter in the playoffs. They are not used to a level playing field. Game by game, LaRussa can play his mind games on the umpires, and they respond. In the playoffs, that is kind of nullified.

That is why it is hard to stomach losing to these guys. But the worm will turn one day, and I will laugh a happy an long laugh when St Louis enjoy 10 years at the bottom of the heap. They give no respect, so they deserve no repect.

Bill and Daron brag up the defensive schemes put in place by Rich Dauer, but I think the Cardinals are way better. It seems that every ball thats hit hard by the Brewers is lined right at a Cardinal player.

Bad hop...or something for Jenkins in right.

Archived