Anthony Reyes, RHP (0-0, -.--)

http://www.detnews.com/pix/2005/03/27/sports/s027-baseball-0305n.jpg

vs.

Doug Davis, LHP (9-7, 4.27)

http://milwaukee.brewers.mlb.com/images/2004/07/25/e27IuoBx.jpg

MLB.com preview

Quote:
Scouting Report:

Rated as the Cardinals' No. 1 prospect, Reyes throws hard and mixes in a curveball and a changeup. He's had a meteoric rise through the Minors since he was drafted out of Southern California in 2003. Not only can the 23-year-old handle himself on the mound, but he can swing the bat as well. He's been brought up for one start only, in order to give the rest of the rotation an extra day of rest.

Davis took his seventh consecutive no-decision last week at New York after walking a career-high seven batters in 3 2/3 innings. It's the longest streak without a win or loss in the Majors, and Davis is the first Brewers starter to take seven consecutive no-decisions in one season. The last Major Leaguer to do it was then-Royals lefty Darrell May, who settled for eight straight no-decisions in 2003.

If the Brewers want to be considered a playoff contender, they will come out with bats a'blazing tonight. This is the game the Crew must get. A loss tonight would be inexcusable. Let's get this one and give our ace a chance at the series tomorrow.

Go Brewers!

• Replies 344
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Anybody else worried that this kid will perform similar to Chris Saenz did last April for us when he came up to make one start. I know everyone hates to hear the "must win" phrase, but this one would be really nice to get with Sheets going Wednesday.

I'm looking forward to watching Reyes make his debut tonight. Hopefully the Brewers will greet him rudely.

I'm also very interested to see if Davis comes out with some better stuff than he has had lately. His last game out was horrendous. What was it, 7 walks in 3.2 innings? The kind of start that makes you bang your head against the wall - it was like he had taken on the personality of Victor Santos... refuse to battle, and at the first sign of trouble, curl up in the fetal position on the mound.

inexcusable

It is still the Cardinals we are playing. Arguably the best team in baseball. That would probably be a decent excuse. I don't care if they are banged up and resting people. They still are rolling over everyone in the NL.

If Reyes can maintain composure, he'll dominate our lineup. We haven't faired well against guys who can mix a above average fastball with an above average changeup.

With that being said, I'm hoping we can bounce back tonight and show them what we're made of.

Thats what they were saying on air last night that Suppan would go tomorrow, I would almost rather see Mulder though doesn't Suppan usually do really well against us. I really hope we get the bats going early tonight.

My wife is also a big fan of the Cactus League Nachos. We were watching the game on ESPN last night when they showed some footage of some heaped up nachos at one of the Cactus League stands. Brantley made some comments on how County Stadium was always one of the best smelling venues in all of baseball due to the concessions and the tailgates.

I should be able to parlay the footage of those nachos into another trip to Milwaukee in the near future. It should only cost me a side trip to Johnson Creek for some shopping.

Go Brewers. Don't let me down tonight, Doug Davis.

Cactus League Nachos

It's' funny that you mention the Cactus League Nachos. They are the only reason my wife agrees to go to games with me.

I like the chances for tonight. This rookies' rookie will be on the road back to triple A by the third inning.

Quote:
Cactus League Nachos

It's' funny that you mention the Cactus League Nachos. They are the only reason my wife agrees to go to games with me.

Hilarious and sad though it may be, they were the highlight of last nights game for me as well. I'm still thinking about making another trip tonight though.

As a side note for cheese sauce afficionados, they were cheese drenching the regular nachos AND filling the cheese cup at the Cactus League location first base side, Loge level last night. I'm you want maximum nacho value, that's the spot.

Yeah, our hitters usually do just great against first appearance pitchers.

Not only can they not figure the guy out, but they appear as if they are actually trying to help the guy set new records in the majors.

Brewers bats don't work, basepaths are as odd and uncharted as a new galaxy, and baseball bats seem to be foriegn objects.

Our offense is comparable only to that of a rock: a rock just sits there doing nothing at all, unless taken by the hand and moved along.

Our offense acts as is needs a guide dog to lead it down the path of production.

I'm also looking forward to Daron and Bill talking about Doug Davis and his hair. Over the past two games we've gotten brilliant analysis about the man's hair and since he's on the mound this evening, I'm sure it will be quite the focal point.

Davis could not shut down a car engine let alone the Cardinal offense.

Davis could not pitch a sale of booze to an alcoholic.

Davis could not last 6 or 7 innings on the bench, much less the mound.

I hope that Davis does not get too bad a neck injury from tonight's start.= pitch, look over shoulder watch the ball. Pitch, look over shoulder watch the ball. repeat several times an inning......

-I used to have a neat-o signature, but it got erased.

I'll also be at the game tonight. Actually... I'll be at all 6 games this week. I have to go back to school in a week and a half so I have to get my fill before I go back. The Nachos at Miller Park are really, really excellent. You can't beat 'em. So tasty. Wish I had money for 'em.

crewman - where do you go to school, I work to much in the summer so I'm looking forward to going back to school when I'm in Madison and me and my good buddy can make the hour trip to lots of the games.

Big game tonight, I think Davis pitches a heck of a game and we give Benny a chance to take the series tomorrow.

I go to Lake Forest Academy... it's highschool. boarding school, and they have a pretty tight leash on us, can't just up and leave to go to a game, even if it is just a little more than an hour away. Oh well, it isn't that bad. I'm actually looking forward to going back.

Archived