Brewer Fanatic

8/10/05 - Cardinals (Suppan) @ Brewers (Big Ben) - 1:05 CST

ThePurpleStorm
  • Replies 449
  • Created
  • Last Reply
By no means do I want to complain about what Sheets has done thus far today, but why does he continue to struggle in the 1st inning? Man, I wish he had that pitch to Eckstein back. It pains me to see him lose another low scoring game because he gave up run(s) in the 1st.

Quote:
Man, I wish he had that pitch to Eckstein back. It pains me to see him lose another low scoring game because he gave up run(s) in the 1st.

The way the bats are right now he could pitch 13 shutout innings and still get a no decision.

That run doesn't win or lose the game. The inability to get hits is killing the crew this week.

Cincy and Col should help cure that, but a win today would be huge.

Early on, the Cardinals announcers mentioned how Yost said in the beginning of the series how the Brewers could play with the Cardinals and then added how the Brewers couldn't beat Memphis (Cardinals AAA team) last night. Might be the same type of deal today.

Sheets gave up ONE hit! No way can you pin this on him. ONE HIT.

49 pitches (39 strikes), ONE HIT, ZERO WALKS, 3 K's through 5 IP.

You're right, don't complain about Sheets. I don't care what inning he gives up the 1 run in if he always pitches like this!! Geez, what are you looking for, perfect game every time out?

If you're going to complain about Sheets, maybe we should be angry at Yost for not playing the infield in with a runner on 3rd in the top of the 1st! If the offense is this bad, we probably should!!

Well, this is getting borderline ridiculous! We get two hit last night by a guy making his major league debut, and now we get to watch Jeff Suppan (Yes, Jeff Suppan) destroy us again today. C'mon, score some runs for Sheets. He deserves it!

Just because Suppan is in a Cardinals uniform, he scares the Brewers hitters. When he was with Pittsburgh, I didn't see this fear or dominance from him.

The worst part about this game (if we lose) would be the embarrassment that would come from losing to a AAA team. Baseball Tonight will show the Cardinals lineup card tonight and say, "who are these guys?" And the Brewers will the the butt of the joke.

Quote:Hardy kills our lineup. I think it's safe to say that whenever Hardy comes up to bat, we all EXPECT to see an out recorded. When he gets a hit, we're surprised and kinda see it as a bonus. That's not good.

I cant say im in that crowd. In July he batted 270+ and had a 800+ ops. He needs some time to become more consistent for sure, but dont forget he missed time last year and then gets a pass to the Majors. Not a easy task for any young player.

Archived