Brewer Fanatic

8/10/05 - Cardinals (Suppan) @ Brewers (Big Ben) - 1:05 CST

ThePurpleStorm
  • Replies 449
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I agree this series was a measure how good the Brewers could be we were just comming off a Big road trip and face a Cards lineup that was depleted and got swept.

I guess as Fans we should have know better but it was not hard to get excited after the road trip.

I guess we back to just hoping to get back to 500

and waiting for help from Nashville.

Yost move today was terrible and any fan would have know what to do in that place. Geez just so dissapointed

They outplayed the Brewers. There's no shame in it. It can happen to anybody - it's happened to the Cardinals. It's ridiculous to say "how can the players stand it?", or "they got psyched out". Those are unprovable contentions.

Ralph,

Rydogg beat me to it but Suppan is nothing more than average. You have been psyched out just like the Brew Crew. Others don't like my psyched out angle but I think it plays a part. Yes, they outplayed us but not with better players. Many of us are frustrated because our lineup looked better. I guess there is more to it than that.

The real lesson of Sheets hitting in the 7th is simple. Our bullpen is bad! That move should be viewed by all as an indictment of the bullpen more than an indictment of Ned. He obviously had no interest in turning a 1-1 or 1-0 game over to the likes of Wise, Santana, and Co. After what we have seen the past couple weeks, I don't see how anyone can have real strong disagreement with that when Sheets was at what 80-85 itches, and had given up 2 hits.

Obviously Sheets gave it up, but with two AB's to go, I was far more comfortable having Sheets go out there to try to keep the Cardinals off teh baord than I would have been with anyone from that bullpen, whether the Brewers get 0,1, even two runs in the 7th.

Ok, your Mark. You pay 40+ million in salary for this. What do you do?

Continue to pay them? That'd be my guess. They lost three games. You realize that, as a successful businessman, you made a good investment, as you are getting .500 ball and decent attendance from a $40 million payroll.

Ok, your a fan. You pay $40 bucks to watch this. What do you do?

Continue to watch games, and hope they win them.

Since I am only on the internet can someone help me. Are our players in the 'Louis dugout patting Ecks and Co. on the backside saying 'nice game'. Is LaRussa giving out autographs.

What a shameful display by our team. I have gone back to shame being a Brewer fan... shame, shame, shame.

Quote:
Jeff Suppan, Career = 88-92 4.77 ERA

Doug Davis, Career = 49-49 4.35 ERA

I'm failing to see how Suppan isn't the right-handed Doug Davis. Suppan has been around forever for a reason. He's pretty good.

Both are average ML starters, and will have their great days and not so great days. It just so happens that Suppan tends to schedule his great days against the Brewers, just like Ohka always kills the Phillies.

What's worse? Being a Phillie fan knowing you are going up against Tomo Ohka, or being a Brewer fan with Jeff Suppan on the radar?

They lost three games.

I look at it more like they shamed themselves. When you are trying to get off the mat (like we have been) and Lenny Harris is your weapon, you expect series like this. But we are off the mat. We have a nice blend of talent all across the team. The management have done their job. But managment cannot tell these baby-men how to play with spirit - how to care.

This mob shamed themselves. And they shamed themselves in front of 10s of thousands of people who love them and pay money to them. You cannot get much more weak than that.

Shame.

well, that was uninspiring

The very words that were about to leave my fingertips.

I'm glad this wasn't on TV. Oh well, now I know my evening will be stress free without having that to look forward to.

"His whole life is a fantasy camp. People should plunk down $2000 to live like him for a week. Sleep, do nothing, fall ass-backwards into money, mooch food off your neighbors and have sex without dating... THAT'S a fantasy camp."

Not more of this "they don't care stuff". Quit trying to psychoanalyze. The Brewers played quite poorly in every game, the Cardinals played well. That's just how it goes. These three games symbolize nothing to me about the direction of the team, just that they can get better. Save the chastising for later, HOFFY.

Ralph,

Would you not agree that this weekend is a huge weekend for the Brewers after being swept by the Cards? I don't know about you, but I am sick of losing seasons and would like to see us get over .500 soon. A sweep this weekend seems very unlikely for the Brewers, but that is what it's going to take to salvage this homestand. Is there anything wrong with this statement? Even if you win 2/3 against the Reds, you still have a disappointing 2-4 homestand. Not good when you are trying to have your first winning season in 13 years.

managers are supposed to grow from their mistakes. i really can't believe what i heard. yost put the game in magruder's hand again. for the third time within the last 2 series vs st. louis. i know ben was pitching well. but honestly, could he not see that we weren't getting many scoring chances. once again, he passed up one of the few scoring opportunities we had, waiting for more to come along which never did. having sheets pitch more really becomes irrelevant when you end up getting shutout, doesn't it.

Quote:
Would you not agree that this weekend is a huge weekend for the Brewers after being swept by the Cards? I don't know about you, but I am sick of losing seasons and would like to see us get over .500 soon.

I, too, would love to see a season at or above .500. However, I have learned through being a fan of the Milwaukee Brewers for many years that getting my hopes up is basically throwing a gallon of gas on the fire of punishing disappointment.

They shamed themselves by losing three games to a team that is 73-41 and won the NL Pennant last year? That seems pretty ridiculous. brettac has it right, there's no reason to start jumping off of bridges because they lost three games to the Cardinals.

My vote is that Yost made the wrong move by letting Sheets hit, but of course that one decision didn't decided the game. I thought Larussa made an idiot decision by squeezing a run in the first inning and they won. It just proves that a team can win despite a stupid manager decision.

Archived