Brewer Fanatic

8/10/05 - Cardinals (Suppan) @ Brewers (Big Ben) - 1:05 CST

ThePurpleStorm
  • Replies 449
  • Created
  • Last Reply

First time here during a game? The motto for most here who try to convince themselves that Ned Yost is the reason the Brewers are bad...if you can't second guess, don't guess at all.

How can I second guess when I said to pinch hit BEFORE Yost even decided? It's like people just skip over posts sometimes. I'm not saying that because it didn't work out I was obviously right, just don't tell me I just start blaminig Yost when things don't wortk out. I mean, it's on a friggin' a message board with PROOF.

Quote:
just don't tell me I just start blaminig Yost when things don't wortk out.

When did say you did? I mentioned no names, and I'll take your word for it, but I sure didn't see many others who did the same.

I think Yost made the wrong move but it doesn't really matter if your players don't execute. And we could argue the point forever to no avail. I think Larussa managed a great series but I don't blame this on Yost. The players had a big series and they flat out layed an egg. We seemed intimidated from the beginning and we shouldn't have. I think our remote playoff dreams are all but dashed, and we now have a hot Reds team coming to town. And now we may have lost Brady as well. Yuk.

1. If Yost woud have PH for Sheets w/ Helms or Branyan and we would have tied the score, only to lose later I would have said good move, why cant they score more runs.

2. If Sheets his a 3 run HR there I would be thrilled but still would have said that it was not the smart move and I would have PH for him.

3. If Helms or Branyan put in the hit and they failed to score the run, and we lost 5-4 in extra innings I would have been pissed that they didnt score the run, but would have agreed with the call.

On the plus side, O is 3 for 4 today, maybe he's heating up. If he hits five home runs against the Reds this weekend, we just may score 6 runs.

The poster previously known as Robin19, now @RFCoder

EA Sports...It's in the game...until we arbitrarily decide to shut off the server.

everyone should have seen that move as being wrong

and why is Helms not up there instead of MR OUT

now just to get to 500 we have to sweep the reds

Can"t enjoy 500 to long,does anyone else have a bad feeling that we are heading back down the tracks again

What is depressing is these guys had 27 innings to put up some fight. Either the pitchers could have stepped up or the offense. But they appear to have coasted. LaRussa put up teams that I think our Nashville side could beat. But we played without emotion and watched the all mighty Cardinals. The complete lack of 'everything' from this mob is so disappointing. It is like they have decided it is too much work being at .500. They go back to their underachieving ways.

Take any of our guys, put him on a team that has some spirit, and he will perform, because the team expects it.

This team takes to heart all the guys that sing their praises for getting to .500. But they are so weak kneed they cannot even stomach themselves to try to stay there.

How can they sleep at night when they let themselves down so, so badly.

27 innings - no fight - three losses to AAA squades. Right when the season was at a crossroads. How, how disappointing. Can I guess now we have had enough time to show JJ and Weeks how to coast and relax and collect your paycheque without having to work too hard.

Bad baseball. Bad spirit. Lack of effort. No caring.

Quote:
does anyone else have a bad feeling that we are heading back down the tracks again
No... I'm not going to jump off the ledge because we got swept by the Cardinals. They just came off of a great 4-2 road trip. If we go 2-4 on that trip and take this series 2-1, then everyone is still talking wildcard nonsense.

Some people need to enjoy (or at least accept) the journey. It's way too long a season to go up and down the roller-coaster with every game.

To me, this has been the most disappointing series of the year. Just 2 weeks ago we split with St.L. at their place.

To have them come into Milwaukee, depleted, and not even facing their top two starters and getting swept. . . well, sad. This team has fallen flat on their face too many times this year. St. Louis could have thrown their AAA team at the Brewers this week and got a sweep.

moof

Archived