Brewer Fanatic

8/10/05 - Cardinals (Suppan) @ Brewers (Big Ben) - 1:05 CST

ThePurpleStorm
  • Replies 449
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I love how nobody had any idea what to do before the Sheets move didn't work, but as soon as we failed to score a run, all the people on here make it seem obvious that Yost made the wrong call.

You need to read the thread again, apparently.

rluzinski: "What's the point of leaving Sheets and his dominance in if they lose 1-0?"

Rydogg: "holy crap he is leaving him in."

Quote:
I love how nobody had any idea what to do before the Sheets move didn't work, but as soon as we failed to score a run, all the people on here make it seem obvious that Yost made the wrong call.

First time here during a game? The motto for most here who try to convince themselves that Ned Yost is the reason the Brewers are bad...if you can't second guess, don't guess at all.

I think it was a great move by Yost. Some people are arm-chair managers and idiotic at times because they think they could manage a ML club when really babe ruth is all they could handle. As I am typing this the Cardinals just scored two runs but I still agree with the decision.

Brewer Fanatic Contributor

See if we'd have pinch hit for Sheets it'd still be 1-0!

http://forum.brewerfan.net/images/smilies/smile.gif

"Dustin Pedroia doesn't have the strength or bat speed to hit major-league pitching consistently, and he has no power......He probably has a future as a backup infielder if he can stop rolling over to third base and shortstop." Keith Law, 2006

Quote:
You need to read the thread again, apparently.

rluzinski: "What's the point of leaving Sheets and his dominance in if they lose 1-0?"

Rydogg: "holy crap he is leaving him in."

Even I said that this was most likely Sheets' last inning unless the Crew went 1-2-3. And I said that before the inning started. I figured he was done, even if there was just a guy on 1st with 2 out.

Ok so now the point is made for sure. Our pen could have done this. And we could have had a big inning. Someone tell us when the last time we made the right decision and everything worked out. Minus a game where we just out hit someone.

It always seems to go against us in close game whether it is managerial decisions or not.

Archived