Brewer Fanatic

8/10/05 - Cardinals (Suppan) @ Brewers (Big Ben) - 1:05 CST

ThePurpleStorm
  • Replies 449
  • Created
  • Last Reply
No way they can pinch-hit for Sheets. He's just dominating. Take our chances with the offense - sure seems like it's assured that Sheets will shut them down the rest of the day. Only 68 pitches! If we don't score, then it's on the offense. Have to let Sheets keep pitching.

Quote:
So they walk JJ to get Sheets out of the game.

With our bench this is a no brainer move.

Helms?

either way, worst case is 1-1 with Sheets out of game...and just 68 pitches

I'd keep Sheets in. I think it's a no-brainer to leave him in.

Worst case scenerio isn't 1-1 with Sheets out. It's 1-0 with Sheets out.

I'd keep Sheets in. I think it's a no-brainer to leave him in.

Worst case scenerio isn't 1-1 with Sheets out. It's 1-0 with Sheets out.

With runners on 1st and 3rd, one out and Sheets up inthe 7th down 1-0 you leave him in??? No way. This is our one chance to get a run, and Magruder isnt driving miss daisy home, much less a run...

Quote:
Hardy really isn't the worst guy to have up there, needing a flyout to score a run. Since he's decided to be a deadpull hitter he's flown out to left field a million times.

I looked at his spray chart. He has more flyball outs to right than left in MP, but no doubles to right. Seems to me it's smart to try to pull the ball.

The poster previously known as Robin19, now @RFCoder

EA Sports...It's in the game...until we arbitrarily decide to shut off the server.

Archived