Brewer Fanatic

8/12/05 - Reds (Hudson) @ Brewers (Capuano) - 7:05 CST

bjamesw22
  • Replies 235
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Nah. We just need to cut the crap on the team(Ruder, Durrington, Santos) and put better players in their place. We have those players in the minors but it appears that this year isn't important enough and we are just going to be ok with tanking and sucking. There's always next year guys. Keep your chins up. Don't forget there's always next year.

you guys are too much. forget about next YEAR, cause there's always TOMORROW. a simple 4-game win streak and we're back at .500. It's not like that is impossible or something....relax.

Now if we go into some prolonged losing streak (which I don't think we are in (yet)), then just shoot me in my sleep. please.

Isn't just ridiculously frustrating to think what might have been so far this homestand if we actually had a bench? My gosh...instead the season is falling apart and we are still stuck with the Magruders and Durringtons of the world. What exactly is the goal of the organization for 2005? Fine the wild card was a pipe dream. But how do they expect to get to .500 with Magruder playing a big role. Maybe they don't expect to get to .500?

In essence, 2005 is looking like another throw away year. May as well get Jack Z a high draft spot. That and seeing the kids in September are probably the most realistic goals. In other words, same as usual.

GoodGod, I only think we have 3 or 4 dudes on the team, but Ned keep putting the game in their hands. Poor Magruder is like a lightning rod for being in the 'game on the line' situation. And Ned even forces that situation.

Ned cannot hide the weaknesses. All teams have weaknesses. Ned manages in a style that exposes our weaknesses. And the players do NOT put out for him - in my opinion. They have talent and decent stats... but with game on the line, they bail. And Ned puts up with it.

This team has major major mental problems. It is not conincidence. They have problems. Ned needs to lead them out of their mess. But he cannot do it.

Ned is not the man for the job. I am on record to say that now. I may be wrong. I hope I am wrong. But I have watched him accept failure. And promote failure. And manager for failure.

Ned needs to go. Well, he will not, he is a lame duck now for 1 1/2 years. He will be gone after next year. A new manager will take a year to find his feet, that will put us at 2008 and our good players will be gone, and we will have missed our window.

We are a desperately terrible game day team. Terrible.

Some people don't realise that this is what most of us have feared for the whole freakin' year. Our talent level is not high enough for us to play a whole competitive year. our depth is the worst of any pro team in any pro league. WE NEED TO MAKE SOME CHANGES NOW!!!!!!!!!! I am sick and tired of people being so positive about such glaring mistakes This team is a folley. The talent we DO have has caried us this far, but our depth is far beyond abysmal. One mediocre center fielder gets dinged up and rooter starts. If Miller gets hurt, Moeller starts. if we lose a starter, Helling starts. None of our 3rd basemen are established major leaguers. And the list goes on and on.....

edit: Politics shall not be argued at brewerfan...

Why is it when our relievers falter we hold them accountable..see Phelps and Bottalico...but when our bench players falter we make excuses(not us, the coaches/announcers) about how it is tough to play once a week blah blah blah. There is a reason that Magruder plays hard and is hyperactive in the box...it gives the appearance that he is a gritty Lenny Dystra type...unfortunately minus the talent. He runs hard to first, he hustles in the outfield, he battles at the plate...but what about production? He is the anti-Grieve.

Mr. thepurplestorm, my opinion of your posts just dropped. If the rooter were selling peanuts, the Sugeon General would come out with a proclamationthat all peanuts were infected with butulism, and if anyone were to eat them, they would die a painful death

"Ned is not the man for the job. I am on record to say that now. I may be wrong. I hope I am wrong. But I have watched him accept failure. And promote failure. And manager for failure."

That statement is either:

A) ridiculously idiotic

B) emotionally charged and a billion light years over-stated

I'll give you the benefit of the doubt and hope it was B.

Season's over. Was at the game again tonight. They're done, no more playoff talk. Pitiful to watch. Rickie Weeks is a baserunning idiot. Branyan sucks. Magruder sucks. Helms Sucks. Sucks Sucks Sucks. Branyan doesnt deserve to play EVER again if all he does is swing for the fences. Unacceptable. Nothing else to say. Only highlight of the night was having the Diamond Dancers pass right next to me, and hang around for a while.

Are the Brewers just Milwaukee's version of a dirty trick? Seriously, if you were at the game, it was the most depressing thing ever. The crowd was intense in the 8th, then suckerpunched by 3 guys, all to the jaw. It was brutal.

I love Turnbow, I go nuts for him no matter what, and when he came out, I didn't even care.

Can those jazz guys outside play taps when we lose, especially like this? What a joke.

Archived