Brewer Fanatic

8/13/05 - Reds (Ortiz) @ Brewers (Ohka) - 6:05 CST

ja002h
  • Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Quote:
You know, it's not like Corey Hart would exactly be Willie Mays in CF.

True enough. But maybe he would produce a little at the plate -- at least a little more than Magurder -- to make up for any shaky play in the field.

Two hits! Damn that Ned Yost!

Will people ever stop trying to convince themselves that the Brewers would be good if not for their manager? The serious talent shortage on this team is really starting to assert itself as the dog days set in - especially the bench and bullpen, which are both borderline pathetic.

Pretty typical for the Brewers actually -- come home for a big six game homestand that will set the course for the rest of the year...0-5 so far. Sounds like the Brewers I know.

At this point, calling up anybody you consider part of the future would be a good idea. There is nothing to lose at this point. You might as well get started on the future and let some of these guys go through their growing pains now.

Then again, September 1st is just a couple weeks away, so maybe it makes just as much sense to wiat.

Come Sept 1st, how do you handle the playing time of Cruz, Hart, Fielder? Do you let them play sparingly in pinch hitting situations and such, or do you split time with the regulars? Since it looks like this season is going nowhere, I want to see alot of the big three in Sept.

Quote:
I don't think the team's going to leave Nashville hanging like that when they're making their playoff push.

I don't think so either, but if you are Attansio and melvin your focus has to be 100% on the success of the major league club, now and in the future. If they feel getting guys up here a couple weeks early would benefit the big league club over the next year or two, you have to do it. I don't know that it would make any difference, but if they think so, get 'em up here.

[ I don't think so either, but if you are Attansio and melvin your focus has to be 100% on the success of the major league club, now and in the future. If they feel getting guys up here a couple weeks early would benefit the big league club over the next year or two, you have to do it. I don't know that it would make any difference, but if they think so, get 'em up here. ]

Ok, but does being part of a championship team benefit the kids more?

Quote:
Ok, but does being part of a championship team benefit the kids more?

I don't claim to have an answer for that, but I suspect DM does. Ahh heck, it doesn't matter. they have enough gusy that they will score some runs in the years to come. Its ultimately all about pitching anyway and that is where Doug's focus needs to be.

[ I don't claim to have an answer for that, but I suspect DM does. Ahh heck, it doesn't matter. they have enough gusy that they will score some runs in the years to come. Its ultimately all about pitching anyway and that is where Doug's focus needs to be. ]

My guess is that everyone will stay in Nasvhille for one last hurrah. That would be nice momentum heading into spring training... As anxious I am to get the kids up, I think that might be the smarter move...

Anyone know when's the latest the AAA world series goes?

Quote:
The worst thing about all of this is that people are beginning to lose interest and not care. Just like every other year. I thought this year would be different.

Laying an egg in front of 41,000 people tonight didn't help matters, that's for sure.

Archived