Brewer Fanatic

8/14/05Reds(Claussen)@Brewers(Davis)1:05 CST Gotta have Hart

SheetsCyYoung04
  • Replies 357
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I'm thinking more and more than the Crew should trade Lee this off season and give LF to Hart. Shouldn't we be able to get a young, good major league ready starting pitcher for Lee? How about Lee AND Overbay? http://forum.brewerfan.net/images/smilies/smile.gif

Quote:
Great win today now we go to Colorado where we have a good chance to get at least 2 out of 3 if not sweep.

How about we tar and feather the next guy that predicts a series sweep.http://forum.brewerfan.net/images/smilies/wink.gif

moof

I'm thinking more and more than the Crew should trade Lee this off season and give LF to Hart.

depends. Reports from the organization say Lee is VERY happy in Milwaukee. It's the tough tradeoff. Jenkins is a career Brewer, known for his streaks. Lee is younger, has more power, and much more consistent. Jenkins walks more, but also strikes out more. And Lee seems to be healthier. I think Hart's best role next year is as a bench player, getting about 3 starts a week. Heck, this could even be an audition for the CF job for next year, which would make Krynzel the 4th OF if Clark is dealt.

Pretty exciting being able to speculate about big leaguers, not kids in A ball

Houston lost. Cubs could go in there and win a pair. Brewers will be either 4.5 or 5.5 behind Houston when that series starts. Winning 3 of 4 would put them at either 2.5 or 3.5 out.

Best case scenario but not out of the realm.

Looks like only one ball hit to center today - the double by LaRue in the 4th. Anyone see how Hart played it? Did he look OK? As long as he can play CF halfway decent defensively, having a Lee/Hart/Jenkins OF is pretty tantilizing. Offensively at least. And then Krynzel & Cruz as the 4th & 5th OF. As much as I'd like to see him back as the #4 OF, Clark isn't going to want to go back to the bench after this year - Clark & Overbay could net a nice #4 SP in a trade (or stud C prospect at the AA or AAA level).

It really IS all starting to come together...

Looks like only one ball hit to center today - the double by LaRue in the 4th. Anyone see how Hart played it? Did he look OK?

He played it fine off the wall though there wasn't much to it. Seemed he tracked the HR to LF center OK too.http://forum.brewerfan.net/images/smilies/happy.gif

No conclusions to be drawn from today.

I heard about half of the radio call today. Not the 8th, but I caught the highlights. Corey must have crushed it, because there was no doubt in Bob's call from the very start.

Awesome. Kind of wish they'd brought up the younguns Saturday night, but like Batman, this makes me happy.

Remember: the Brewers never panic like you do.

it sucks we have so much talent................good problem to have tho

Wierd situation to be in. I guess it comes to this; is Hart REALLY a CF? My guess would be no, or else you'd think they would have put him there right away, where his stick would be REALLY good.

Hey SheetsCyYoung04,

Where did you find that photo of Miller Park and the lightning in your initial post? That's awesome! It'd be a great photo on my wall!

I apologize if someone else has already asked this. I just started reading the game thread and figured that I'd forget by the time I get thru all 17 pages!

oops, never mind. everybody else wanted to know the same thing. If only I'd finished the first page before posting. But, again, I figured that I'd forget.

- - - - - - - - -

P.I.T.C.H. LEAGUE CHAMPION 1989, 1996, 1999, 2000, 2006, 2007, 2011 (finally won another one)

Quote:
I guess it comes to this; is Hart REALLY a CF? My guess would be no, or else you'd think they would have put him there right away, where his stick would be REALLY good.

Well, neither were Scott Podsednik or Alex Sanchez, but we sent them out there every day anyway.

I do think that Hart would have seen more time in CF if not for the presence of Dave Krynzel. Krynzel is so much better defensively than anyone I've seen in the organization that it would have been a waste to put him anywhere else on a regular basis.

Went to the game today and watched Hart in the outfield. Before the game he was out in center working with Nelson. He played about 5 steps deeper than Griffey on every batter (for example, he would play 5 steps deeper against Encarnacion than Griffey did for Helms) Not sure if Griffey plays real shallow or Hart was playing deeper or told to play deeper. No plays to him really.

Archived