Brewer Fanatic

8/14/05Reds(Claussen)@Brewers(Davis)1:05 CST Gotta have Hart

SheetsCyYoung04

It would have been better if he would have stranded two runners.

Of course. Jorge threw a lot of fastballs, though, and didn't walk anyone. He got two groundballs from two pretty darned good hitters, neither of which was hit hard. He did spike a slider or changeup to Griffey and fall behind 2-0, but all in all I think that was a positive outing. He's being much more aggressive than he was during the dark days when he worked only a few times per month.

Belisle takes his throwing hand out of his glove as he's raising his left knee to start his move toward home. I wonder if the hitters can pickup on that... hard to tell from the TV.

Nice rip, Rickie. Try to steal second?

~Bill

• Replies 357
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Am I the only one who thinks having the guy with the worst OBP on the team SHOULDN'T be batting second? I know our options are very limited but...

Come on, no hit and runs, no sacrificing... just get a darn hit!

EDIT: Error works too http://forum.brewerfan.net/images/smilies/smile.gif

Am I the only one who thinks having the guy with the worst OBP on the team SHOULDN'T be batting second? I know our options are very limited but...

I made that point earlier but Hall was 8-11 against Claussen. I guess that's why he was put up there. I wouldn't mind Hart-Weeks. You get two runners up there and can use the running game more.

I think they should have let Rickie try to steal and then bunt him to third. But it worked out beautifully, as Hall laid down a perfect bunt and Belisle looked like Ben Grieve trying to field it.

Now let's go Overbay!

EDIT: Wait... bunting?

~Bill

I know I'm late on this (painting a bathroom), but why was Capellan put in with a one run lead? Ned is at it again.

Just because Capellan and Davis took Santana's and Wise's roster spots, doesn't mean that they need to have their roles in the pen. Stupid to bring in a rookie, making his first appearance, in when we need a win as bad as we do.

I know, hindsight is 20-20. But when they said Capellan was brought in, I almost fell off of my ladder.

Archived