Brewer Fanatic

8/15/05 - Brewers(Big Ben) @ Rockies(Cook) - 8:05 pm CST

ThePurpleStorm
  • Replies 411
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Hall's baserunning not only cost us his run, but Lyle's as well. Lyle would have advanced to third on the ground out if Hall had gone home and scored on the wild pitch. Don't blame either of those situations on the base coach. When the plays are in front of you like that you don't wait for the coach to tell you to go.

the wild pitch happened after the ground out...your argument makes no sense to me

It wasn't my argument, but I'll fill in the blanks anyway. Bill Hall scores on Lee's groundout, Lyle moves up to 3rd. Lyle scores on the wild pitch. 2-0 Brewers.

RWA, what he's saying is that Hall royally screwed up on Lee's groundout. Lee did his job by hitting it to the right side. As soon as you see a ground ball to the right side, especially such a softly hit one, you have to put your head down and go. There is no excuse for that.

Archived