Brewer Fanatic

8/15/05 - Brewers(Big Ben) @ Rockies(Cook) - 8:05 pm CST

ThePurpleStorm
  • Replies 411
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ever notice over the last few weeks, when the Crew is losing a game.. the only people talking about the wild card in the game thread are the people telling everyone else to stop talking about the wild card?

Also... it was a blessing that mlb.tv would just not work for me today. Gameday told me all I need to know. Ben, we'll see your old self back in 5 days, OK? And I promise your curve will work again when you are back out there.

I'm trying to figure out why in the heck Ben Sheets was sent back out there after that disasterous inning. Don't you normally try to protect your ace more than that?

BTW- this sucks, and I think some viewers of this game just may be visiting the ol' drunk thread this evening.

-I used to have a neat-o signature, but it got erased.

Quote:
I'm trying to figure out why in the heck Ben Sheets was sent back out there after that disasterous inning. Don't you normally try to protect your ace more than that?

The same reason Justin Lehr relieved him - see tomorrow's pitching probables.

I think Sheets on;ly threw 96 pitches. The way the Brewers hit, this game was over at about 5-2. There is absolutely no point in using up your better bullpen guys in a game that is decided when you will need them the next few nights.

That being said, I would probably use this opportunity to get Cappellan in for an inning to straighten out after yesterday.

Archived