Brewer Fanatic

8/15/05 - Brewers(Big Ben) @ Rockies(Cook) - 8:05 pm CST

ThePurpleStorm
  • Replies 411
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Why do they always feel they have to prop these guys up in a situation like this? Sheets is getting pounded - it happens. Everyone knows he's good, you don't need to go on and on about how good he has been.

again, I am amazed by the teams lack of effort to step up

refusing to run home????????????

having no pitching plan for Coors

These are mental errors and coaching errors and not lack of talent

The entire organisation suffers from this losing culture

yuk

This might not work, but what would y'all think of spot starting Justin Lehr in one of the three games at Coors, perhaps for Santos? He was starting at Nashville and should still be capable of throwing at least 80 pitches and his stuff profiles as well as anyone's for Coors Field. Sheets, Santos, and Cappy are all gonna have trouble pitching at altitude... perhaps Lehr and Obermueller would have been better options (the team could have recalled Obie instead of Capellan).

I doubt they ever really considered it, and it might have just messed up the pitching staff (if Lehr or Obie struggled), but it would have been an interesting experiment.

In other news, Sheets is getting smoked.

~Bill

Quote:
EARTH TO NED YOST..

What are you talking about? He wasn't the one out there getting killed. Those runs came awful quick too. Not alot of time to get someone ready in the bullpen. Not sure how many pitches, but I wouldn't be opposed to sending him out for one more inning if his pitch count is reasonable. There is no point in wearing out the bullpen in game 1 of a 7 game road trip. After all, he has Victor Santos pitching in Coors Field to look forward to.

having no pitching plan for Coors

I think the plan was to bust out the curve after the first time through. Just guessing.

HOW MANY TIMES is the TV crew going to talk about how many runs Sheets gave up. WE GOT IT. He did bad. We were right there watching.

From a certain point of view, that last half inning was a thing of beauty from the Rockies. What is painful is that there is no way in heck that the Brewers could have done the same. Just far too much execution for the Brewers.

Quote:
They did bat around..

Yeah, but I would have left him in with the bottom of the order coming up too. By the time he didn't get them out, the damage was done. Ned is smart enough to realize that this suckfest line-up can barely get the 2 runs they have scored, let along the amount they would need to win thsi one.

Archived