Brewer Fanatic

8/16/05 - Brewers(Vampire) @ Rockies(Francis) - 8:05 pm CST

pogokat
  • Replies 421
  • Created
  • Last Reply

One more time: someone in the Brewers dugout was complaining about the first strike on Billy Hall. The ump behind the plate just called it a strike (assumably on a check-swing) without consulting the 1B ump to see if Billy had actually gone around.

The ump said something to the Brewers dugout to say, "hey, I'll umpire, you manage." Yost apparently said something back to him, and that's when the ump said, "You're gone."

Quote:
So, when managers tear into the umps, do they just unleash a string of profanities? Or do they actually try to argue something?

Well, based on what I heard tonight, it wasn't "arguing" like one might do in moot court. It was more like the, ah, "discussions" I used to have with my dad when I was a teenager.

I think he went ape-*$ last week too

MoneyballMan, language warning.

From the FAQ:

What kind of language is allowed?

The Brewerfan.net Fan Forums try to be a bit more civil than other venues. All of the main cuss-words are filtered out. If you see that a word you used is filtered out, please try to refrain from using that word again. Also, using creative spellings to avoid the cuss filter will result in warning, then dismissal.

Hall's check swing sure was close. Too close to not get help from the 1B umpire. I don't even think that Ned was talking to the ump when the ump said,

"Wanna argue balls and strikes? I'll run ya."

Ned yelled something back. He got tossed.

Ned came flying out saying something like, "Are you in our dugout. Heck no!" Then dropped quite a few expletives.

If there were 40,000 there, the ump wouldn't have heard anything.

Man, I'm glad my kids weren't in the room to hear that.http://forum.brewerfan.net/images/smilies/tongue.gif

I think Damian Miller should put in for a week's vacation. Or he should use a couple of floating holiday's or something. He's struggling.

moof

Archived