Brewer Fanatic

8/17/05 - Brewers (Capuano) @ Rockies (Wright!!) - 8:05 CST

ThePurpleStorm
  • Replies 212
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I am happy Ned went for a righty. But strange, based on one days performance he goes Cappy2 and not Davis.

Is Ned trying to install confidence... or is is... no.... no... a NEW favourite.

You gotta get the guy in there sometime. That's what he's here for. Like it or not, he is our set-up guy right now. The alternative is to be afraid to use him and let him rot like JDLR did the middle of the year. His history would seem to indicate he is better when the heat is on anyway. There aren't exactly a ton of alternatives out there right now anyway.

I think Ned did good. Capellan now has erased all the terribleness of the other night. It was a risk. If he blows up, he may take a long time to get his nerve back. But the move works, Cappy2 is a happy camper. Cappy1 is a happy camper.

Do you let Cappy2 face a batter in the nineth and see what happens?

How about some runs DUDES!

Quote:
IMO, Turnbow would've been the guy to bring in there. I don't trust many of those arms in the pen right now.

Without looking it up, me thinks when Turnbow works more than an inning, the results, well they're not good.

Helms can be brought back at any price. If the market for 3B wasn't so sad, he'd be a Brewer next year for 700k. Since the market is terrible I expect him to get some starting offers in the $1.5-2 million per for 2 years range. Hopefully I'm wrong.

Archived