Brewer Fanatic

8/17/05 - Brewers (Capuano) @ Rockies (Wright!!) - 8:05 CST

ThePurpleStorm
  • Replies 212
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I sure hope Lyle can get his average back over .280 and pick up a few homers to get to 20something. I do not think there will be a big market for Lyle if he is a 'peaked at' .270 16 home runs 1st baseman.

In hindsight, I think Dougie should not have made Lyle untouchable in July.

Maybe we should trade for the Wright guy. If we can shut us down in Colorado he must be something special. I cannot understand how he has a 5+ era. And I cannot understand how a 5+ era guy can be so effective against us.

Joking aside, this game is kind of important now. The results went a little our way so we can pick up a game on Houston. Mind you, I think we will be 5 1/2 games behind Houston/Washington/Philly and 4 1/2 behind Florida.

After tonight, it be SURVIVE for a week or two. We cannot make ground up on 4 teams, but if we can just hang close for a couple of weeks, I guess 2 of the 4 teams will fall back. But, if all four team play .500 we can actually chip away.

This is just my opinion. I do not want 400 posts explaining the permutations to the nth degree and questioning my sanity.

I just want to win tonight and play good in Houston.

I sure hope Lyle can get his average back over .280 and pick up a few homers to get to 20something.

The thing is, people need to remember these dry spells when Lyle does heat up. Suddenly Lyle will bat like .350 for a week and a half, and people will start saying how Overbay should stay and we should consider trading Prince.... totally forgetting about these dry spells that Lyle goes through fairly regularly.

This is not a good sign. It is the bottom of the sixth inning and we have only a 2 spot on Wright in Colorado. What are we going to do against REAL pitching? Maybe Jamie Wright is a steroid user too.

"Well that game was a big bowl of crap." -Brian

Archived