Brewer Fanatic

8/17/05 - Brewers (Capuano) @ Rockies (Wright!!) - 8:05 CST

ThePurpleStorm
  • Replies 212
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Quote:
I wont name names but he is the most famous pitcher in the Houston/Milwaukee series.

I don't necessarily think there is anything to the "rumor," but I am one who believes Clemens is/has been every bit the steroid user as Sosa, Bonds, Palmiero, etc. The pitchers haven't gotten much attention, but Clemens and Gagne are two guys you will never be able to convince me have not used the stuff.

Weeks is starting to warm up. Why bench him?

Probably to give him a day off before the Houston series (which essentially matter twice as much should the Brewers put themselves in a position to make a WC run). Right in the middle of 10 straight games without a day off.

Hall is a strange choice. Maybe he has had success against Wright? I suppose Rickey does need a day off at some point though. I guess I'd rather have him sit against Wright, than Clemens, et all this weekend.

Hmmmmm, I dont know the matchups but I can only suspect one of these players.......Sheets or Clemens.

He mentioned it was the most famous pitcher. That eliminates Sheets.

"His whole life is a fantasy camp. People should plunk down $2000 to live like him for a week. Sleep, do nothing, fall ass-backwards into money, mooch food off your neighbors and have sex without dating... THAT'S a fantasy camp."

Ah yes, Cy Wright cruises thru the first.
"His whole life is a fantasy camp. People should plunk down $2000 to live like him for a week. Sleep, do nothing, fall ass-backwards into money, mooch food off your neighbors and have sex without dating... THAT'S a fantasy camp."

I dont' post often, but I read the board. I can't believe anyone believes Clemons doesn't use 'roids. Sorry, but 43 is 43, even if you work out and he keeps getting better. All of a sudden they say he may be sidelined for a back injury. Hmmmmmm. I wouldn't be surprised if he's busted soon. He's just too good to be true.

Weeks scratched. That doesn't sound so good. Count how many times Darron says, "Don't worry, nothing serious." The more he says it, the more you need to start worrying.

Although, the Brewers are not generally a team that tries to downplay injuries, ala the Cubs, so maybe it is just a day off.

Quote:
All of a sudden they say he may be sidelined for a back injury.

I forgot about that. That's interesting, especially since he never was sidelined (was he?).

Boy that would be something. Although, I'm with you. Test or no test, he's a user.

Archived