Brewer Fanatic

8/18/05 - Brewers (Ohka) @ Astros (Clemens)

Ando Calrissian
  • Replies 434
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I like to go by what I see and not by what meaningless stats tell me. To say that JJ is hitting well is a joke. Hall at least gives us a chance to break the game open with the pop in his bat. Hardy is only defense.

I am sick of seeing him ground out into weak, easy plays for the SS or 3B. He doesn't seem to hit the ball hard or really get into one (maybe saw 3-4 great swings from him all year long). He'll get his playing time in the AFL where the games don't count...right now, I want to give the Brewers the best chance to tack on some W's to our standings and Yost evidently agrees with me that Hall gives us that chance a heck of a lot better than JJ does right now.

I would guess Bucksman and Brett's definition of what constitutes hitting is different.

I value on base percentage a lot but I don't consider it hitting. I consider it a part of the total offensive ability of the player.

When I think hitting I think of putting wood on the ball and it falling in for a non-out.

Personally I think I would rather put Hardy in because of his ability to put wood on the ball more consistently (not necessarily non-outs) and his (my own preception) ability to judge balls and strikes. Granted there are no statistical facts to back me up yet on that assumption.

Billy Hall on the other hand I feel falls prey to a Roger Clemens type pitcher. Smart, hits his spots, and can strike guys out. I hope Billy proves me wrong tonight.

He must like that .236 OBP against RHP in the two hole. Small sample I know, but it's not like it's exactly trending upwards lately either.

Whatever. Hopefully Chris hits a pair of home runs off the rocket, and we shell Clemens on the way to victory.

Hardy needs to play to develop. He's already as good as Hall, and he'll only get better. I'd rather see someone who knows how to take a pitch and work a count than Bill Hall.

EDIT: I'd like to say that was a great post by GoodGod. That sums it up quite well.

I will say again that I just dont think Yost does smart things while writing out the lineup card and managing in game. I am sure he is a great motivater and the players like him and would defend him, but he is just sort of stupid. I was hoping that he was going to be a great choice when they hired him, but he screws up so much that I am ready to try someone else.

I was on vacation last week so I was unable to go on a tirade when he allowed sheets to hit with runners on the corners and 1 out in the bottem of the 7th down by a run. I almost blew a gasket. I was wondering what the brewefan consensus was on that move. I thought it sucked 100%. Even if it had worked, it was the absolute wrong move.

now that I think about it. Do you think Yost is playing small ball already? Think about it. 2 spot, bunt when Leadoff gets on? agianst the Rocket

red rocket, red rocket, red rocket, red rocket, red rocket, red rocket, red rocket, red rocket, red rocket, red rocket, red rocket, red rocket, red rocket, red rocket, red rocket, red rocket, red rocket, red rocket, red rocket, red rocket, red rocket, red rocket, red rocket, red rocket, red rocket, red rocket, red rocket, red rocket, red rocket, red rocket, red rocket, red rocket, red rocket, red rocket, red rocket, red rocket, red rocket, red rocket, red rocket, red rocket, red rocket, red rocket, red rocket, red rocket, red rocket,

anyone watch south park?

I really think Clemens hasn't recieved to the attention he deserves for the year he is having.

1.32ERA

.93WHIP

He's doing this in a tiny ballpark and at the age of 43.With any run support he'd easily have close to 20 wins already.In 24 starts he's given up earned run numbers of

4 runs--1 time

3 runs--1 time

2 runs--5 times

1 run---7 times

0 runs--10 times

Archived