Brewer Fanatic

8/18/05 - Brewers (Ohka) @ Astros (Clemens)

Ando Calrissian
  • Replies 434
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Brewer Fanatic Contributor
Is the ump still calling low strikes now that Clemens is out of the game?
"Dustin Pedroia doesn't have the strength or bat speed to hit major-league pitching consistently, and he has no power......He probably has a future as a backup infielder if he can stop rolling over to third base and shortstop." Keith Law, 2006

Quote:
like is said before...

its too bad milw is so far out and such a longshot for the WC because in a 5 or 7 game series they can play with any team in the NL outside of Stl.

It's interesting you bring that up. I was listening to sports radio out here in San Diego today and they were saying the exact same thing about the Padres. They were saying that they were "built" for the short series, and not the long haul of a season. What i was thinking then, and what i am thinking now, is that that is true with just about any team hovering near .500. I think with that kind of talk you are just splitting hairs.

However, it is good that we can say that, as it hasn't been true for a very very long time. But it doesn't make me feel any better about not making the playoffs.

Michael Kay supposedly said that one big name from the NL and one big name from the AL tested positive. One name will break your heart and the other will shock you. He said one guy is a definite hall of famer and the other could be.

Michael Kay is the Play by Play Announcer for the YES Network and WCBS-TV.

The NL player is supposedly in the NL Central, with tha AL player in the AL East.

Clemens would fit in that scenario.

Here. Check this out from someone who heard the details on radio.

Quote:

Here's the deal, I'm from Milwaukee so I could care less about starting a rumor. But according the Chicago sports radio, here's the rumor:

One player from the AL and one player from the NL are currently in the appeals process for a positive test result. One player is from the AL East and one player is from the NL central. Both players are supposed "superstars" and if the season ended yesterday they would have both been on playoff teams.

Take it with a grain of salt, but interesting if this becomes true.

Brewer Fanatic Contributor
I think every player in the majors will be suspended for steroids......except JJ Hardy and David Eckstein.
"Dustin Pedroia doesn't have the strength or bat speed to hit major-league pitching consistently, and he has no power......He probably has a future as a backup infielder if he can stop rolling over to third base and shortstop." Keith Law, 2006

Archived