Brewer Fanatic

8/19/05 7:05 CT- Brewers (Davis) @ Astros (Astacio) MOJO!

DHarris34Phan
  • Replies 275
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Brett....dont be a baby like Sutton. Its 3-1. Less than 24 hours after they knocked out the top pitcher in MLB you are ready to concede the game?

Rluzinski might tell us that Milw only has an 11% chance to come back tonight, but I will watch till the end.

imagine ending your season by letting five punch and judy hitters reach base in a row after two were out; amazing; sad;

i was here at the start, and now I can watch the finish;

for me now, it is now all about developing the youngsters; we had a slim chance, but we will be too far back now, this one stumble was too much

the sad thing we went down giving up walks and blooper singles.... darn

Thinking about it, Doug should have worked out of it himself. It's his game to lose in that scenario, not Kane Davis'. MLB pitchers are treated like babies these days. Whenever they near 100 pitches "you have to take them out". That's unacceptable, even if Davis was showing some fatigue, he needs to seal the deal himself. He's a grown man, and he didn't make the Big Show by automatically being taken out after throwing 110+ pitches.

Wow, is the box score for Doug Davis ever going to be an injustice to his performance tonight.

Ya gotta feel for the guy, it's got to be mentally wearing on him thinking he has to do it all and STILL can't get the team to win.

Wow, is the box score for Doug Davis ever going to be an injustice to his performance tonight.

Ya gotta feel for the guy, it's got to be mentally wearing on him thinking he has to do it all and STILL can't get the team to win.

Agree 100%. I am biased because Doug is my favorite player, but it's got to be wearing on him and Sheets, too, when he dominates and winds up with the ND or loss. No wonder these pitchers have started hitting http://forum.brewerfan.net/images/smilies/happy.gif

It's not like he was facing Berkman or Ensberg....it was the Astros version of Magruder. Let the guy finish it off himself so HE can determine if he wins or loses this close one, not some AAA pitcher that was just brought up.

Everyone:

I know the last inning has been frustrating, but please try to keep the discussion civil. The moderators are much more lenient in game threads but that doesn't mean you should feel the need to demonstrate your anger with condescension and rudeness. I'm not going to single anyone out so please don't complain about censorship... just dial it down a notch.

Thank you.

Now let's get some runs.

~Bill

What is this? 1960? He was out of gas. I bash Ned as much as anyone, but he made the right move tonight.

No, it's 2005 and managers baby pitchers WAY too much. I can understand if Doug is a stud pitching prospect who's been throwing heat all night but let's face the facts. Doug is a finesse pitcher who can hit 91-92 once in a blue moon. He gets by on changing speeds and should be able to throw 125-135 pitches as evidenced by a few games earlier this year. He needs to seal the deal himself, just like a few other people have been saying. He's paid to do that sort of thing, you know.

Archived