Brewer Fanatic

8/19/05 7:05 CT- Brewers (Davis) @ Astros (Astacio) MOJO!

DHarris34Phan

It amazes me how these athletes get to the top with so much self belief. Then they go in a game and nerves get them. Ha ha. But it is life.

I cannot wait for one high school guy we drafted name Inman to make it to Milwaukee. That guy's attitude was built to be here. A combo of Unit and Schilling. You can follow his exploits in the minor league thread from time to time.

• Replies 275
  • Created
  • Last Reply

you know what, if you told me that the brewers would win one of the first two in this series with those pitching matchups, i would have taken it in a heartbeat. we have a huge advantage tomorrow, so lets just seize the opportunity tomorrow and salvage a split.

edit: just as im typing this, miller smokes one!!! why did eveland give up those runs!!!!!!!

I HATE the Cardinals. 1 out in the 9th, Jeremy Accardo of the Giants gets Pujols to pop up with runners on 1st and 3rd and then Alou brings in Jason Christiansen to face Jim Edmonds, lefty vs. lefty. First pitch, Edmonds smacks it to right, tying the game and bringing in the winning run. Stupid Chris Carpenter gets the no decision and a terrific game by Brad Hennessey goes down the tubes.

Kane Davis looked like a tool out there tonight. Couldn't hit his locations (unless he was aiming for their heads??). And fielded his position horribly as well. In the back of my mind I wondered how a guy with a 96 mph fastball could be a career AAA player. Tonight, I found my answer. Should've been a W....Davis deserved it.

ok, I said if we won the last at Rockies and won 3 of 4 we still had an in

but tonight was sad, as we could have go to within 4, I think. It was a two game swing, either 6 back or 4 back (or 'about' that - I know Philly lost and Wash lost, but Florida and Mets won)... if we had won it would have been crazy, about 4 teams together with the mets next and us.

And we really could have been up a few, with more hits AGAIN, but only up by one.

In the end we just lost in a bullpen v bullpen game.

But, I will buy in... if we win the next two... ok

But I just want to see us use the guys that we can see will be with us in 2 or 3 years

The crew really look like they have no clue how to hit. They left some key runs on base again. This should have been a win not a bad loss. Jekins is hitting better now because after 2 strikes he is looking just to get on base and not trying to kill the ball and over swing at bad pitches. I know they say the hitters have to hit and hitting coach cant hit for them but I think tthe hitting coach needs to go. If we could get a hitting coach like the pitching coach the brewers have, the crew may be able to hit. Its hard to watch sometimes. You watch the cards and why they are winning the make the hits when the runners are out there. The crew has a chance at the wild card you think this would make these guys hungry for wins.

Archived