Brewer Fanatic

8/21/05 - Brewers(Santos) vs. Astros(Pettite) 1:05 CST

gbpacker40
  • Replies 197
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The forum seems to have emptied out in disgust and in favor of the 70 degree temps and sunshine. Well, they will all be surprised when they return and find the Crew has won, 9-8!

http://forum.brewerfan.net/images/smilies/wink.gif

Brew Crew: Don't Let Me Down

Ugh, back to 3 under.

I want to see JJ play next game and, oh, how we miss Brady to get us going.

Carlos looked as bad as ever today. That last K was painful. Will he and Jnks ever be hot TOGETHER? That's what we'd need to make a real run

Brew Crew: Don't Let Me Down

Well, i said before the series that i would be happy with a split. And by happy i don't just mean content. While you want to win every game, I'm just happy that we split the series. Tough home stand ahead of us, but i think we will turn it up.

It's getting a little late in the season for the Brewers to be happy with splits. They have too many teams to catch. They can't afford splits against one of those teams. If we celebrate splits, then all we are really happy with is mediocrity.

The Brewers will be contending for nuthin' if Carlos Lee doesn't get his junk together. They need a 10 wins out of 12 stretch to put themselves squarely in the middle of the WC chase. They cannot make that streak without Lee contributing every night in the middle of the lineup

moof

edited: language - ja002h

Seriously? (sigh)

What have you seen out of this team all season that makes you think it's still capable of competing for the Wild Card? 10 out of 12? Are you kidding me? Have the Brewers won 5 out of 7 this year? (I'm exaggerating to make a point. Please don't look that up.)

.500 has been, still is and should be the goal this season. The WC is a pipe dream. The Brewers just aren't good enough, plain and simple.

.500 has been, still is and should be the goal this season. The WC is a pipe dream. The Brewers just aren't good enough, plain and simple.

Is it you Doug? But, Doug, you and Ned and Mark even pointed out that we should be above .500 and we still had a chance. And now you come onto this website (under a secret name) and tell us REALLY what the agenda is. Shame, Doug, shame.

Doug, I would prefer you let us dreamers dream a little. We know there is not much chance. But we do not want a leader who is satisfied with mediocracy. Doug, we want the team to continue to improve. And we do not mean 1 game a year over the next 20 years to THEN compete.

In any case, thank you for logging on and so clearly telling us the organisational goals and timetables. We appreciate your time.

if Carlos Lee doesn't get his @#$# together.

From the FAQ:

What kind of language is allowed?

The Brewerfan.net Fan Forums try to be a bit more civil than other venues. All of the main cuss-words are filtered out. If you see that a word you used is filtered out, please try to refrain from using that word again. Also, using creative spellings to avoid the cuss filter will result in warning, then dismissal.

Seriously people, this isn't that hard to remember.

I do have faith that Carlos will get it together and get hot yet before it is to late, he needs to take more pitches not swing at the 1st pitch all the time.

Clark needs to get back FAST! I now see how valuable he is to this club.

Hardy needs to be in the lineup, Magruder needs to be DFA to BC. Santos is done, give Hendrickson, Obie, or even Glover another chance.

Split in Houston not bad at all, could have been 3 if not for the disaster Friday. Go Brewers, lets get those Marlins and Braves!

Formerly BrewCrewIn2004

@IgnitorKid

If we have 11 games left, and we're 10 out of the WC, and we're behind 7 teams, there's still going to be people that think we might pull it out. Such is the hope of any sports fan I guess.

no way, we are not stupid, there would have to be at least a dozen games left

my belief is that we are now dead; we needed to win 3 of 4 at Houston; but lazarus came back from the dead; but Jesus Yost is not managing us at this stage

*** is Chris M still on this team?

Warning, language.

From the FAQ:

What kind of language is allowed?

The Brewerfan.net Fan Forums try to be a bit more civil than other venues. All of the main cuss-words are filtered out. If you see that a word you used is filtered out, please try to refrain from using that word again. Also, using creative spellings to avoid the cuss filter will result in warning, then dismissal.

Archived