Brewer Fanatic

8/21/05 - Brewers(Santos) vs. Astros(Pettite) 1:05 CST

gbpacker40
  • Replies 197
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Quote:
Doug, PLEASE DFA Santos after this game

Hey we could probably work out some waiver wire deal with the Yankees or Red Sox, Vic would be alot better than some of the garbage they're trotting out there.

Quote:

Do people STILL not understand why this is not going to happen this year?

I know... they're trying to keep his innings count down but... at the same time... if we're supposedly trying to stay "competitive," we're better off seeing what he can do rather than putting Helling out there. IMO Helling is no longer capable of being a regular SP.

It doesn't have to be Eveland... I only said him because I want to see what he's capable of in prep for 2006.

if we're supposedly trying to stay "competitive," we're better off seeing what he can do

I think the "seeing what he can do" will come in the spring. Staying competitive at this point in the season is far less important that treating Dana's arm correctly.

Quote:
Staying competitive at this point in the season is far less important that treating Dana's arm correctly.

And how will a *couple* of starts affect him right now? I'm not saying to use Eveland EXCLUSIVELY in the #5 spot - THAT would be stupid. But I AM saying to try out some of these younger guys looking towards '06 and trying to see what does work.

Archived