Brewer Fanatic

8/23 Marlins (Beckett) @ Brewers (Capuano) 7:05 CST

brewerjamie15
  • Replies 267
  • Created
  • Last Reply
This is SO funny. The Brewers have a 9 run lead. GREAT chance to get the young guys some playing time, right? Fielder, JDLR, maybe Capellen? WRONG. Time to get MAGRUDER playing time http://forum.brewerfan.net/images/smilies/smile.gif

Brewer Fanatic Contributor
This has been one of the best games of the year, IMO. Maybe not that exciting, but well played in all phases.
"Dustin Pedroia doesn't have the strength or bat speed to hit major-league pitching consistently, and he has no power......He probably has a future as a backup infielder if he can stop rolling over to third base and shortstop." Keith Law, 2006

Is it the end of the world if Fielder doesn't bat or JDLR doesn't pitch tonight? Geez. Take a night off from the know-it-all act and enjoy a victory. It really gets old.

Well, you obviously don't understand how to use a bench and bullpen to get young guys who get NO action in the game either. It reminds me of a high school football coach being up in a game 49-7 and won't put in his 3rd stringers to get SOME playing time during the year.

EDIT: I would have thought that you of all people would be saying this to me. I was just with you the other night sticking up for one of Yosts moves....but THIS non-move was just plain moronic on Yosts part. What was the possible benefit of leaving Capuano in there? There wasn't one.

If only it were just one person's.

I'm seriously this close to making my stay at BF.net a short one. (I don't expect anyone to care. Just saying.) For crying out loud, in a blowout victory, half the posters are still nagging at Yost. There's just too much of it around here to stomach anymore.

And no, I don't know how to use a bench. That's why I'm a fan, not a coach. I apologize if I was disagreeing with an expert.

Boy, Ned really cannot win on this site. Unbelievable.

Is it the end of the world if Fielder doesn't bat or JDLR doesn't pitch tonight?

What you other guys said. Ned needs to take advantage of laughers. Maybe we were never up 10 runs before and he is confused.

Brewer Fanatic Contributor

sportswriter,

Don't blame people on this site. Fans of every sport find something wrong with a team regardless of the situation. It's human nature to point out flaws/remember the bad things.

"Dustin Pedroia doesn't have the strength or bat speed to hit major-league pitching consistently, and he has no power......He probably has a future as a backup infielder if he can stop rolling over to third base and shortstop." Keith Law, 2006

I apologize if I was disagreeing with an expert.

Doesn't take an expert to look at the amount of innings JDLR has pitched to see that the kid needs work. 10 run lead, absolutely NO positive that could possibly come out of Capuano staying in, 1 inning pitched in 6 days...didn't even take me 4 seconds after Cappy finished the 7th after 95 or so pitches to say..AWESOME, time to get JDLR some work. You'd think your manager would have the same common sense.

I'm seriously this close to making my stay at BF.net a short one. (I don't expect anyone to care. Just saying.)

Then why say it? There is negatives that can come out of a blowout victory...just like there are positives in a blowout loss.

Homer, not at this volume.

And who's to say everything brought up here is Yost in the wrong? That's exactly the problem. Too many around here think Yost has pudding for brains and every single decision he made is a poor one. It's just getting too much to sift through.

Archived