Brewer Fanatic

8/23 Marlins (Beckett) @ Brewers (Capuano) 7:05 CST

brewerjamie15
  • Replies 267
  • Created
  • Last Reply

We don't need play-by-play in the IGT. The IGT is for commenting about the game, not for telling the story of the game. Obviously, you may want to type happy things about a big play, such as:

"OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO. HRRR!####@!!!!!"

Or you may want to comment on something in the game, such as:

"If Corey Hart grounds into one more double play, I'll demote him back to Ogden1!!!!!##!@#$$!@"

That's fine, but merely typing out inconsequential events such as:

"7-1" or "Moeller grounds out" or "Santos give up 3 more runs"

is kind of pointless.

Basically, Brewerfan's official stance is no play-by-play. If you want play-by-play, listen to the radio, watch TV, or go to Sportsline, ESPN, or MLB.com and gamecast it.

Edit: Grammar is my friend.

Brewer Fanatic Contributor

Fair question: does Cappy have the stuff to be a legit number two guy? You guys can see. I will rely on your opinions.

I think realistically he's going to top out as a *good* number 3 type pitcher. He doesn't have the velocity to really be a dominating guy, without a knee buckling curve or killer slider. Just my 2 cents, at any rate.

OK, that was decent defense by Weeks. http://forum.brewerfan.net/images/smilies/smile.gif
"Dustin Pedroia doesn't have the strength or bat speed to hit major-league pitching consistently, and he has no power......He probably has a future as a backup infielder if he can stop rolling over to third base and shortstop." Keith Law, 2006

Seriously, if he abides by the rules of the board, why heckle him over what he posts. I personally wouldn't mind the play by play for going back to the game threads in the future like someone already said.

I can't believe you posted something on how to react to a good play. Let people react how they want.

If you really can't stand it, just pretend it's not there.

I think Cappy will be a pretty good #2. Nice to see him snap out of that rough stretch. http://forum.brewerfan.net/images/smilies/smile.gif

Anyone want to guess what D-Backs fans are thinking? http://forum.brewerfan.net/images/smilies/devil.gif

That's a cool shot of the four youngsters on the bench.
"Dustin Pedroia doesn't have the strength or bat speed to hit major-league pitching consistently, and he has no power......He probably has a future as a backup infielder if he can stop rolling over to third base and shortstop." Keith Law, 2006

Seriously, if he abides by the rules of the board, why heckle him over what he posts.

The rules of the board include no play by play.

If you really can't stand it, just pretend it's not there.

That would negate the need for any of the rules here, yes? I'm not going to get into an arguement over it because this is the way it is.

Archived