Brewer Fanatic

8/23 Marlins (Beckett) @ Brewers (Capuano) 7:05 CST

brewerjamie15

How about praising Ned for bringing in the players early for extra BP today?

You'd like to see Fielder and JDLR get some time but who cares we won and we won big..

If Fielder is a bust, i'd love for someone to say it was all because of that extra 3 innings he could have had today.

• Replies 267
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I say it has nothing to do with Fielder getting an AB because who cares....it has to do with leaving your starter in to pitch another inning with absolutely NOTHING to prove after 95 pitches with a young guy sitting on your bench who hasn't pitched in 6 days.

I am going to take sportswriters side on this one. Enjoy the win get off Ned's back for a day.

Maybe Prince should have gotten an AB. Maybe just, maybe we here at BF don't have all the information Ned does.

I don't really care about JDLR not getting in, what good is it for him to pitch in a non-pressure situation. He needs this off-season to get a fresh start and work with MM. That is if he isn't packaged in a trade during the winter meetings.

Enjoy the nice win. Weeks with a nice game. Hart with a couple hits. Cappy with a nice game.

I guess it is hard for Brewer fans to relax and enjoy a laugher.

Sorry, I know a lot of you wanted to see Prince bat.

Brewer Fanatic Contributor

Wis,

I'm sorry you feel that way. There are definitely know it alls on this board but it's no different on any other message board (fansite or otherwise). At least most of the know it alls here make sense most of the time. The manner in which they make their points is occasionally obnoxious, but they usually make a pretty good argument.

"Dustin Pedroia doesn't have the strength or bat speed to hit major-league pitching consistently, and he has no power......He probably has a future as a backup infielder if he can stop rolling over to third base and shortstop." Keith Law, 2006

I guess I just don't see the point in getting up in arms about it *either way*.

One inning in a 10 run game isn't going to make or break JDLR. Maybe he wasn't feeling good, or whatever. Maybe Ned forgot he had him, or DLR pissed Ned off, or ANYTHING. Point is, one inning isn't going to be any kind of "difference maker" in the long run, IMO.

Homer,

I'm sorry I feel that way, too, because there are times I really do enjoy talking Brewers on this board. It's just getting so exhausting.

And it's not necessarily like that on all boards. I frequent at least two others (one HS, one college) that come nowhere close to the consistent one-man bashing that goes on here.

I don't really care about JDLR not getting in, what good is it for him to pitch in a non-pressure situation.

Well, it'd be different if Ned would use him in pressure situations. He just isn't being used at all, that's the problem. If there isn't a situation that you can put him in then he shouldn't be on the team because he's wasting a roster space.

I could care less about Fielder, 1 AB doesn't matter and he can practice all he want's in AAA. JDLR can't be sent down and hasn't had much work this year. He's had problems with control all year and this would have been great time to give him some innings. That's very straight forward logic to me. He needs work BAD and can't get it in a blowout.

Great game, let's steal one tomm.

Sorry bjames, but I might the only one who thinks it, but JDLR is only on the squad because he is out of options. He walks too many people, falls behind every other batter, and doesn't K enough batters to make up for it.

Jorge needs off-season work. It isn't something an inning can fix.

Hey, btw the Brewers Won!

Peace Out

it's less that everyone here hates ned...most of us like him or diclike him...we just don't talk about it incessantly...

I think the problem here is that the people who are negative about ned make a point to talk about it 23 hours a day..

and are being very condescending tonight..

94 - 96
"Dustin Pedroia doesn't have the strength or bat speed to hit major-league pitching consistently, and he has no power......He probably has a future as a backup infielder if he can stop rolling over to third base and shortstop." Keith Law, 2006

Sorry bjames, but I might the only one who thinks it, but JDLR is only on the squad because he is out of options. He walks too many people, falls behind every other batter, and doesn't K enough batters to make up for it.

Take a look at this thread and tell me I don't think EXACTLY the same thing that you do.

JDLR Thread

BUT, what better position are you going to find to put him in to get the work he so desperately needs?!? The kid hasn't pitched in SIX days! UGH!

bjames, my aforementioned post was in response to "you obviously don't understand how to use a bench and bullpen." I think we have a glass house situation here.

Which was in response to your post:

Take a night off from the know-it-all act and enjoy a victory. It really gets old.

I agree there's no need to be overly negative after this win, but I have to ask: If "Hey we won, lighten up" is a valid reason to avoid negative talk, does that mean a bad loss outlaws all positive points? http://forum.brewerfan.net/images/smilies/smile.gif

Archived