Brewer Fanatic

8/25 Marlins (Valdez, 1-1) @ Brewers (Davis, 9-9) 1:05 CDT

nullbyte
  • Replies 199
  • Created
  • Last Reply

No one's actually able to watch the game on TV, so we're all listening to Uecker. The Uecker factor is simply that every brewer out is on an incredibly hard hit ball, about 10% of the times he says "Get up, get up..." result in homers, only half make the warning track.

This can be attributed to a couple things. One would say "The old-time radio announcers would have to make every play very exciting to promote the game. They even had to simulate the crack of the bat. It's the sign of a great announcer." Others would say Ueck is losing it and slowly evolving to Harry Carey. Personally, I'd just like to be told what's really happening in the game. Or televise all the games so i can make my own judgements.

Doug can stay. He knows how to get to .500. Gutsy, gutsy performance.

I wonder if the offense has enough ticker to collect ONE RUN to get Davis a win and get to .500. To be honest, our batters are annoying me, but seems to be more bad luck than choking.

But I want them to do a good job each pitch, not just start hacking which is their tendency when things get tight.

Great job Doug. Now batters, get ONE RUN.

I think Ned has made a number of managing errors today as pointed out here. But the players are sure overcoming that. They are not big errors, but Ned is sure telling the stat gods that his gut is more powerful than them.

Archived