Brewer Fanatic

8/27 Braves (Smoltz) vs. Brewers (Helling) 6:05 Uecker Night

SheetsCyYoung04
  • Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Brewer Fanatic Contributor
Is a bunt there really the only call? I'm talking about Clark last half inning. It's only the fifth, why not go for the big inning? Granted it's Smoltz, but the way the bullpen has been throwing it might take more than six runs to win this thing. I'm not too upset they took the bunt call off there. Clark is the donkey for swinging at a crappy pitch.
"Dustin Pedroia doesn't have the strength or bat speed to hit major-league pitching consistently, and he has no power......He probably has a future as a backup infielder if he can stop rolling over to third base and shortstop." Keith Law, 2006

Now I'd say that imploding might be an accurate assessment.

And I agree with homer there... swinging away there is not a bad call. 99% of the time people here would be screaming at Yost for having Brady showing bunt in the first place. Absolutely nothing wrong with going for the big inning.

99% of the time people here would be screaming at Yost for having Brady showing bunt in the first place.

But, down by a run with one of the better sacrificers on the team at the plate and runners on first and second, how do you not bunt? As soon as I saw Clark squaring around, I lit out on a pretty string of expletives. The popout that followed didn't help.

But, down by a run with one of the better sacrificers on the team at the plate and runners on first and second, how do you not bunt?

But on a team that struggles like mad to score runs and get hits with runners in scoring position, why would you take the bat out of the hand of the guy that has the highest average on the team?

A basehit is going to tie that game up without a bunt being needed.

To add to Batman's thoughts, good thing Ohka's in to keep DLR from becoming overworked. http://forum.brewerfan.net/images/smilies/eyes.gif

Seriously, Capellan hasn't pitches since Thursday, and de la Rosa hasn't pitched since August 21. Does the handling of the staff tonight make ANY sense at all?

Archived