Brewer Fanatic

8/30/05 Pirates (Maholm) @ Brewers (D Squared) 7:05cst

Bikeage77
  • Replies 152
  • Created
  • Last Reply

this defense (pirates) and lack of defense (brewers) is sickening.

i'm on my tmobile sidekick (aka hiptop), which has a web client.

on the bright side, there have been several succesful waves (in both directions) and this kid in front of me has a hat with built-in turnbow hair

Quote:
Maybe we should talk to the White Sox about how they think Texas is stealing signs, employ the process very quickly, and POUND Pittsburgh in the 8th and 9th!

Somedays you could tell the Brewers hitters every pitch that was coming and they would still pound out 4 meaningless singles. Blaaahhhhh. I don't even feel like bashing Wynager anymore.http://forum.brewerfan.net/images/smilies/mad.gif

When I?m listen? in my car

And Uecker comes on the radio

And he?s tellin? me more and more

About the Brewers frustration

Kills my wild card imagination.

I can?t get no, oh no no no.

Hey hey hey, that?s what I say.

I can?t get no satisfaction,

I can?t get no satisfaction.

?cause I try and I try and I try and I try.

I can?t get no, I can?t get no.

Brew Crew: Don't Let Me Down

I was at tonights game and one word describes it, PATHETIC! That was the worst game I have been to by far! They just seemed to be out of it. Only 4 hits and one threat the whole game. We need Jenks back, and I would like to see Prince get some starts because Overbay was scuffling and has been 0-4 tonight. Lets hope Ohka pitches a gem tomorrow.

Formerly BrewCrewIn2004

@IgnitorKid

I was there tonight too, and wow, what a frustrating game. I suppose since we were facing a soft-tossing lefty who was also making his Major League debut, we really were doomed from the start. Still.....four hits?

I really hope the Sheets injury doesn't deflate the team, but right now I don't have a great feeling.

Also at the game...Davis was just horrible in the first. He just couldn't get to strike three....or throw strikes for that matter.

I could keep ranting, but sight unseen, I'm sure there's plenty of that in the rest of the game thread.

http://forum.brewerfan.net/images/smilies/mad.gif

On a brighter note.....

On a Tuesday in late August...with no chance at the wild card, coming off a 2 game losing streak, and the last place pittsburgh pirates in town....

The Brewers drew 28,000+.

In years past this game (as AJAY predicted early in the game thread) would have been staring 12,000 in the face.

Good job Wisconsin. (especially considering none of them were Pirates fans like when St. Louis, Chicago, etc...fill part of the stadium.)

On a brighter note.....

On a Tuesday in late August...with no chance at the wild card, coming off a 2 game losing streak, and the last place pittsburgh pirates in town....

The Brewers drew 28,000+.

and they certainly tried to stop people from coming tomorrow... http://forum.brewerfan.net/images/smilies/mad.gif

Do you think there is some problem with the advanced scouting dept in the Brewers. Any noname in the world can shut us down. It is like they are throwing some 'stuff' we never saw before. But when we come up against a big name pitcher we are fine. We know what to expect.

I really think the Crew needs to address this area. I am sure it has cost a handful of games this year.... just having no idea what the other guy will throw - or what their tendencies are. It is like we come up against a guy with no change up, but we expect him to have two seam fastball, four seam fastball, slider, curve, sluve, change up, knuckleball, split finger, screw ball, knuckle curve, sinker (we dont know that is the same as a two seam fastball), cutter, and orphus pitch.

Then by the end of the game we go 'ohhhhhh, I see he has a fastball and curveball; bad luck I was sitting on the change all night'.

Eephus pitch, but yeah, I know what you mean. I read in the paper that we have lost to three pitchers making their major league debut this year. The only one that I can recall that we didn't lose to is Zach Duke; he shut us down too, but we got to the bullpen and came out with a win in that one. It does seem like a troubling trend that should be examined further.

Archived