Brewer Fanatic

8/30/05 Pirates (Maholm) @ Brewers (D Squared) 7:05cst

Bikeage77
  • Replies 152
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Brian, wouldn't "Mr. Sensitive" be considered a good thing to some? I could see if I called someone "Mr. Insensitive" that I'd be in trouble. And please note that I have quotes around them so as not to suggest that I am calling anyone either one of those things. And I profusely apologize to the entire thread for my offensive comments.

I have to figure out how to use these smiley faces too, I guess. But I can't figure out how to do so!

Can I be forgiven without adding a smiley face?

Wow, three hits in the first five innings. This offensive juggernaut continues to roll. Remember eight days ago when the Brewers got 10 hits for the first time in like 16 games? Well, that breakout game wasn't a harbinger of things to come. The offense still stinks, and these games are getting brutal to watch.

Hey Ned. All We Are Saying, Is Give Prince A Chance!

(There may be no other reason to watch this team in Sept.)

wouldn't "Mr. Sensitive" be considered a good thing to some?

Not when it's sarcastic.

There's no real trick about emoticons. Just select the "Show" radio button to the right and click on the one you'd like to use, or if you're in "ezCodes" formatting mode, just type the emoticon (e.g. ": )" without the space), and voila.

This is why the Brewers stink. I can typically stick it down as an automatic "L" when we face a rookie pitcher (especially a lefty). They can't hit with RISP, and Doug Davis' control was horrible (as usual). I'm sorry, but he is no #2 pitcher. He is a #4 at best. If this team does not find a #2 pitcher for next year, they will be in trouble. He walks 4 batters in the first inning and it's game over! 5 runs? That's a number 2? His command has been off all season (take a peak at who leads all NL pitchers in BB's). As far as I am concerned, he doesn't deserve to win 10 games because he surely doesn't pitch like a double-digit type of pitcher.

Wow, that's pretty harsh about Mr. Davis. I may agree that he's not a #2, but surely he's a solid 3 or 4 (especially on a team that is NOT going to spend $8 or $9m plus for each of 4 or 5 starters). Even after giving up the 5 runs in the first, his ERA is 4.15. Not Sheets-like, but not horrible either. And he has kept us in the game in most of his starts (I don't have his splits in front of me, but believe he's been pretty solid).

Now I can't get enough of these emotions, man!

http://forum.brewerfan.net/images/smilies/glasses.gif

Are the Brewers the only team that struggles with first time pitchers? If not bring up a slew of new one's in September.

The Brewers are guessing on this guy and looking pathetic! No history will be the excuse so it can't only be the Brewers can it?

You know? The Brewers score 5 in the first and usually by this point in the game they are clinging to a 1 run lead - maybe. The Brewers can barely get a runner to 2nd. At least DD was able to go deep in the game after that disaster.

i am at the game... this is depressing... if i was at home i would turn this game off... i feel like asking for my money back... i'm crying in my beer... etc etc etc

but i guess i should have known that a soft-tossing lefty i his major league debut would own us :(

Archived