Brewer Fanatic

8/30/05 Pirates (Maholm) @ Brewers (D Squared) 7:05cst

Bikeage77
  • Replies 152
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Maybe its just all these years of losing, but I've had a bad feeling since the home stand started. Then, with Ben going down, it has grown. Its sort of like Lord of the Rings. The Dark Power of the Losing Season keeps trying to pull the Brewers back in.

I am also sick of Overbay. Besides April, he has really been marginal for a 1B. August has been absolutely brutal. I am looking forward to him being Spivey'ed in the offseason. He is clearly not a part of the future. He better at least split time with Prince in Sept.

I'll take a #4 starter or a young promising CF for him.

To summarize the thread so far - such great fans we have on here!

- Before the first pitch, prediction of 2-0 loss

- Can't beat a rookie pitcher

- Davis - even if he pitches a no-hitter, we'll lose

- Too sickening to watch

- Full house to see us lay an egg

- Season's over

- Hart is a train wreck in RF

- Great indication of how we'll play the rest of the season

- Corey Hart is double play king

- #2 hitter can't move a runner over

- Weeks can't control his swing

- Only Clark is playing baseball

- Tired of Overbay

One game does not a season make. Ok, so we lose tonight and are four games under .500. I'm assuming that I'm not in the minority in thinking that we've still made some pretty good strides this year and are positioned well for next year and beyond.

And if saying "Mr. Sensitive" after someone tells me what's appropriate or not is worthy of a "banning", I guess I'll just have to leave everyone to their crayons and sandbox before I hear crying.

GO BREW CREW!

[ And if saying "Mr. Sensitive" after someone tells me what's appropriate or not is worthy of a "banning", I guess I'll just have to leave everyone to their crayons and sandbox before I hear crying. ]

On it's own, it's not worth of a banning. However, you were required read the message board FAQ before you signed up, and it explicitly states that name-calling isn't allowed. I've had to personally warn you on another occasion as well. You'll need to abide by the message board FAQ, to continue posting here.

Has anyone else traded Zach Duke AND Paul Maholm in their simulation baseball league this year? Believe it or not, I am the Pittsburgh franchise and have done so. Received a lot of good prospects, but these two sure are starting to look like keepers...... GREAT!

Archived