Brewer Fanatic

8/30/05 Pirates (Maholm) @ Brewers (D Squared) 7:05cst

Bikeage77

• Replies 152
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yay, let's welcome him into the league the same way we launched Duke's rookie campaign. Low 90s, best pitch is the curve.

High/low 9Ks? 3ER? 7IP?

It's amazing how this "stuff" works out.

edited: language -ja002h

mpepy05, this is your language warning.

From the FAQ:

What kind of language is allowed?

The Brewerfan.net Fan Forums try to be a bit more civil than other venues. All of the main cuss-words are filtered out. If you see that a word you used is filtered out, please try to refrain from using that word again. Also, using creative spellings to avoid the cuss filter will result in warning, then dismissal.

Don't look now, but the Reds are hot and are not too far away from us in the standings. (I wish our team would catch fire like that).

We have to win some games against Pittsburgh.

So basically you're predicting we'll for sure only lose the game by committing errors in the field, or were you going more for the Davis will walk 4 straight batters bit to get that run in that enables him to lose? I hope its neither of those, and I find it very doubtful he'll walk 4 straight hitters to allow them to score and us to lose 1-0. We're not talking Charlie Sheen major league debut here you know.

Whats the over/under on pitches for the Rookie thru 3 innings?

25? 30?

Hopefully the crews top 6 will show some plate disipline and make this kid throw some pitches.

"I wasted so much time in my life hating Juventus or A.C. Milan that I should have spent hating the Cardinals." ~kalle8

How about he walks a batter. A balk call moves him to second. A ground ball is hit to Weeks who throws it in the stands.

It will be much more fun to see Davis leave with a 3 or 4 run lead, then have a combination of walks and errors by Helms, Hall, and Weeks allow the winning runs to score. To top off this awesome display, I'm sure Davis and Turnbow will both tear rotator cuffs this evening.

Interesting, Jenks still out:

Pittsburgh Milwaukee ---------- --------- Pos Player HR RBI AVG. Pos Player HR RBI AVG. --- ------ -- --- ---- --- ------ -- --- ---- 2B Sanchez, Freddy 1 24 .277 CF Clark, Brady 10 41 .309 CF Redman, Mark 0 2 .120 2B Weeks, Rickie 11 31 .247 LF Bay, Jason 24 72 .300 1B Overbay, Lyle 16 63 .276 RF Wilson, Craig 1 8 .260 LF Lee, Carlos 29 97 .264 C Doumit, Ryan 4 26 .253 3B Hall, Bill 16 54 .267 1B Eldred, Brad 6 17 .240 C Miller, Damian 7 36 .254 3B Wigginton, Ty 5 17 .231 RF Hart, Corey 1 4 .225 SS Wilson, Jack 8 39 .237 SS Hardy, JJ 3 29 .218 P Maholm, Paul (0-0, 0.00) P Davis, Doug (9-9, 4.03)

If we can't beat that pathetic-looking PIT lineup, I'm going to throw something out the window.

Is there something wrong with Jenkins or is Ned just trying to give Hart a few starts. If that is the case that he just wants to give him a few starts then why isn't Prince getting any playing time at all. I honestly don't think you are losing that much if anything if you start Prince instead of Overbay.

Without reading any of the other posts on this thread.......

Here's to a 5-1 conclusion to the homestand and FINALLY getting over that elusive .500 mark.

I really think the offense will come to life this week with Sheets shelved and they will help the team to win some high scoring affairs.

Let's go Crew!

Gotta Believe!

I'll bet there is hardly anyone at the ballpark today. School is just starting, the Pirates stink, it's a weekday, and a ton of people already came this weekend.

My guess is 14,000 - 16,000 for attendance.

Honestly, has Lyle Overbay been that critical to recent successes that Prince couldn't at least get one start per week. I don't believe the kid has started a game since being called back up, has he? Why not let the kid get his feet wet a little. Like another poster mentioned, I don't think the drop of would be that severe, if there were a drop off at all.

Ok Bill just confused me....he said everyone on the top NL hitters vs lefties slap the ball, when the brewers defense was shifted playing Jason Bay as a major pull hitter with Rickie on the other side of 2nd... confusinghttp://forum.brewerfan.net/images/smilies/eyes.gif

Archived