Brewer Fanatic

9/1/05 Padres(Eaton) @ Brewers(Helling) 7:05CDT

• Replies 143
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I'm pretty sure this is the 3rd game Kane Davis has blown... the one against Houston where Doug Davis had a shutout, and I can't seem to remember the other one, but I find it funny his ERA was 0.00, because he just kept letting inherited runners score.

It probably is only hope.

Maddox is like the doctors in the Six Million Dollar Man....."I can rebuild him"....... so Yost/Melvin will let him go to work on another project. (And I'm not at all knocking Maddox's wizardry, but don't think it's going to work on every pitcher....)

And on a positive note, the Pack takes the lead. Now if we can just ask every team we play this year to only play their 2nd and 3rd string players, we may be ok.

Ok, that's completely off-topic, but I couldn't help myself since Hoffman's going to close out this game for save #428.

Nevermind guys like Davis and Helling. They are what they are and we're stuck with them for now, but something is expected of Capellan and he needs to stop sucking sooner rather than later. The guy gets behind and gets killed.

i'm still in shock that yost brought in kane davis in a late and close game against a bullpen that has otsuka, linebrink, and hoffman.

and to add insult to injury, matt wise is now up in the pen.

great, wes helms. does ned hate prince?

Yes, PITCHING is a major need this off-season. A front-line number 2 starter (because neither Davis or Capuano are #2's...sorry to burst some of your bubbles, but its true...at least on a playoff-caliber team). And the bullpen needs to be shored up. Capellan, Kane Davis, Julio Santana....those are not very good pitchers. Capellan...91 mph fastball....where's the 101 I heard about when we traded Kolb?? No wonder ATL let go of him, cause you know they wouldn't dump a pitcher who had potential. They're too smart for that. Some of the other guys in the pen are AAA caliber and don't even belong in the bigs. We need consistency from the pen. Derrick Turnbow is a waste of an arm if we don't have the setup men to get the ball to him.

Archived