Brewer Fanatic

9/04/05 Padres (Peavy) vs. Brewers (Davis) 1:05 PM

brewers19
  • Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Quote:
20,000 something

Does that mean 20,000-30,000, or 20,000-21,000, or 20,000-25,000. Sorry, but there's a big difference between 19,980 and 29,876 and both could be counted under the 20,000 something.

The poster previously known as Robin19, now @RFCoder

EA Sports...It's in the game...until we arbitrarily decide to shut off the server.

20,042 was the attendance.

Scary moment there at the end, but I don't think I was alone when Daron mentioned "squeeze play" and I automatically cringed.

I'm putting this team down for 79 wins. I don't think that, without Sheets, they'll be able to get to .500 - and considering we have games against the Cubs and Cards and Astros left, I don't think we'll have much margin for error.

Got home recently from the game. I really wanted to see Sharpie hold on for the win, but I'll definitely take the end result. Manufactured Run Fever - catch it!

I was willing to let Doug start the 8th (103 pitches at the time), but I think I would have switched after the first runner reached. In the 9th, I also wondered why they were pitching to Brady - unless they reasoned that J.J. is not exactly an automatic out lately.

Really terrific weather - the breeze in from center wouldn't have helped any long ball, but it was welcome for fans.

How old is the girl singing the National Anthem? She sounds like she's 7, but a good job nonetheless.

The singer today was Little Miss Wisconsin Sweetheart (or something like that). She looked about 7.

Remember: the Brewers never panic like you do.

Well, with win number 67 today we have officially matched our TOTAL win total for the 2004 season...on September 4th. That is pretty cool. While improvement is a good thing, how bout we start to get greedy....with a team like Cincy, a good team would at least take 2 of 3 in this series. In order to get to .500, we have to start winning and sweeping series. With Houston, STL, Chicago and other challenging teams yet to come, we have to beat the Cincy's to get our W total up.

Archived