• Created
  • Last Reply

So:

Geoff goes 5 for 5.

Big Wes is now hitting .312.

The Brewers took it to a pitcher making his MLB debut.*

The Brewers are manufacturing runs.

Whaa??!!?? http://forum.brewerfan.net/images/smilies/smile.gif

*(I realize that it all might have been different had the rookie Booker started the game.)

As for an unofficial fan fest II, I say why not? It would be fun to at least meet up before a game - even if there is no fabulous logo cake. Mmm, cake. If it's the 24th, those of us who can go can celebrate with whoever wins a big prize.

Remember: the Brewers never panic like you do.

Way to go Crew!

A total domination:

Great starting pitching

Great relief pitching! 0-0 Reds with risp!

JJ and and Cirillo with ground balls in the right area

Jenkins 5-5

Helms .312

Brady nice to have your hustle back.

Tomo needs to be resigned imo.

O's last walk will get him going!

With this win they equal last years total win count.

Actually, last year they won 67 games. One of their rainouts (Pgh, I think, or at least Pgh would make sense) wasn't made up so they played 161 games.

So, 68. Whoooo! http://forum.brewerfan.net/images/smilies/smile.gif

Remember: the Brewers never panic like you do.

Tomo Ohka is only 29. Should he have a future in Milwaukee???

I think everyone has thought of him simply as a stop-gap, but I can't see any reason to let him go unless we're gonna get a very nice return. This has looked like one of Melvin's finer moves, which is saying quite a bit. Especially when you consider that the move got rid of Spivey and started the Weeks era while bringing in a good starter, I think we haven't fully appreciated what a good move it was.

Seriously, pitchers with ERAs under 4.00 don't grow on trees. Tonight the guy went 7 innings, while giving up just 3 hits and not walking a single batter: that's a great start. To put things in perspective, Ohka has been slightly better than Davis this year, and is the same age. Of course, Davis was thought of as a scrap-heap pickup who'd come in and be a stop-gap for part of a season just a few years ago, now he's a quality #3 starter. If Ohka is given the chance, we could be riding castoff #3 and 4 starters into a playoff run.

that hit by Hardy through the hole...that was the one that wasn't finding it's way through earlier in the year. That's just going back to our conversation the other night. This seems like the first game all year when those choppers and grounders to the hole actually made it through. I wonder if the Reds position their SS differently from most teams

re Ohka... I can feel Maddux's tuttalege (sp?). The guy was a walk-a-holic before, and suddenly, under Mike he has turned into a hit an inning guy who strikes out double what he walks. This is just the definintion of a solid pitcher.

He certainly will be going to arbitration for us.

Think of the brilliant moves Doug has made.

Sexson for 3/4 of Arizona (and look at Overbay/Capuano)

Ohka for Spivey (are you kidding me???)

Kolb for Capellan

Turnbow from where?

Wise from where?

Branyan for free?

Helms... ok I am getting carried away

Doug is beyond brilliant.

I think his one mistake will not be dealing Overbay when there was some real interest half way this year. Mind you, the way Dougie times things, maybe Lyle will go 10 for 10 now and suddenly be batting .300.

Archived