Brewer Fanatic

Hammond, Hinton, Housmann at Huntsville

DrWood

Hammond has been bad almost all year. Hinton has given up 21 ER in his last 10 innings to blow his ERA over 7, Housmann's ERA is over 6.

At one point or another in the past, I thought all of these guys had a decent chance to be a major leaguer, but Hammond is doing bad while repeating Huntsville (Last year, I thought he might follow Yo all the way to milwaukee), Housman is likewise repeating Huntsville after a (presumably injury) shortened 2006, and Hinton was quite promising until this recent blow up.

I'd hate to give up on Hinton after this brief descent into crappiness, but are any of these guys still on the radar for the brewers development plan?

Hammond is a decent prospect having a rough spot...his future is as a 4/5 starter, so even if it's not with the crew, he should play in the majors..

Hinton is one of the best relief prospects in the brewers farm system...a rough 10 innings doesnt change that...

housman has been in AA/AAA since 2003...he's just depth these days..

Brewer Fanatic Staff

Hinton is one of the best relief prospects in the Brewers farm system...a rough 10 innings doesn't change that...

When those innings are as bad as those were, apparently it does matter -- if Robert's indeed healthy, a definite step back and a wake-up call. See the Transaction Thread.

yowza...

however, i appreciate that the brewers have not been afraid to demote prospects this year..i'm curious to see how this plays out in the long run for hinton, perez, and fermaint

Hinton was almost unhittable early in the season, and now lately is quite the opposite. It's might be a nagging arm injury, it might be that they are having him throw the slider or fastball a different way... who knows? RH still has a good arm, and despite the demotion, still figures in the Brewers long term plans.

If he is working on the fastball, slider, or a new pitch, they might be sending him down to Brevard to start some so he can work on it over longer outings.

Archived